News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: A few questions....  (Read 2761 times)

Offline dantheref

• Battery level: 1
  • I used to be indecisive, but now im not so sure
A few questions....
« on: 12, February, 2014 - 20:35:52 »
Hi all, also asked these in my welcome post but think it may get more attention here, if you can help that would be great!

1. My first C5 makes a clicking noise (think its the belt slipping), i have both modifications on it designed to stop this but neither are working... can anyone reccomend anything else...it stops after i have gained speed..
2. My first C5 seems to have a Pod that has stopped working, it was working at times and when i moved/tapped the control box it worked again, any idea how to fix this?
3. How do i fit Chas' Chain tensioner (pictures would be ace!)
4. Can anyone reccomend a good stand so i can work on my C5 easily?
5. Is anyone based near Oxford, and fancy meeting for a stroll at some point?
6. How do people transport their C5's mine wont fit in the car (boot hole too small), anyone got a pic of how they manage with Roof bars please?

Thanks,

Dan

Offline Brooksymk

• Administrator
  • Battery level: 0
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Re: A few questions....
« Reply #1 on: 13, February, 2014 - 05:45:17 »
Hi dan, I'll try and help a much as possible anyway, the clicking from the motor, it could be that the motor is a little out of adustment. Try and losen the bolt and turn the motor in the bracket, it will adjust the tension on the belt ( try both ways adding tension and removing some tension it is a bit of trial and error) also make sure the motor is fully fitted into the bracket, they have a habbit of sitting at a slight angle,
the pod and control box sounds like a lose/ broken connection, wire or plug, check all the connections in the control box and look for any damage.
The tensioner  you need to drill the slight indent out in the frame and screw the two bolts through there,
we use a quad bike lift it is height adjustable and quite small, but I do like the idea posted on the forum for the upright stand.
You are always welcome to join us down here in margate we don't need much of a excuse to get out along the sea front, and we do hope to be up in milton keynes soon for a ride,
to move the c5 around roof bars all the way, we have travelled the country with one on the roof, just make sure it is tied down very well.
I hope this is of some use,
have fun
Neil

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #2 on: 13, February, 2014 - 08:54:44 »
Hi there Dan photos of the chain tensioner sent to you email address If you want anymore just let me know ...
Regarding the motor ...First of all are you pressing the start button before you get up to speed ????
What are the teeth like on the gearbox any photos would be helpfull .
Regarding the stand If you have a Black and Decker work bench they are great to work on ...

Bye Chas

Offline patbrooks

• Administrator
  • Battery level: 0
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #3 on: 13, February, 2014 - 09:24:07 »
Hi

A couple of Pics of C5's on our roofs, they have done many miles, just make sure you take of any lose parts before you strap them down (booster seats etc)

Thanks Pat

Offline dantheref

« Reply #4 on: 13, February, 2014 - 11:55:57 »
Hi there Dan photos of the chain tensioner sent to you email address If you want anymore just let me know ...
Regarding the motor ...First of all are you pressing the start button before you get up to speed ????
What are the teeth like on the gearbox any photos would be helpfull .
Regarding the stand If you have a Black and Decker work bench they are great to work on ...

Bye Chas

Yes it only happens when pressing start button before getting upto speed.... but seems to be needing more speed now than it did when I first got it.

I got the pictures for the chain tensioner and will have a go later... Is taking the body work off the chassis easy to do?

Offline dantheref

« Reply #5 on: 13, February, 2014 - 11:58:09 »
Hi

A couple of Pics of C5's on our roofs, they have done many miles, just make sure you take of any lose parts before you strap them down (booster seats etc)

Thanks Pat

Cheers Pat, I have blow up roof bars and it worked fine on there think I will get some metal ones for my new car though! don't fancy a roof dent!

Offline dantheref

« Reply #6 on: 13, February, 2014 - 11:59:47 »

You are always welcome to join us down here in margate we don't need much of a excuse to get out along the sea front, and we do hope to be up in milton keynes soon for a ride,
have fun
Neil
Sounds Good MK is close enough to me, but I don't mind coming to Margate when the suns out! Keep me posted! Gutted I cant make the meet in March!

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #7 on: 13, February, 2014 - 14:19:17 »
Hi I have just put some more photos on the Ebay listing of the Tensioner take a look ...Ps not sure what you mean about taking the body off ....You do not have to take it off if you are fitting the tensioner ...But it is fiddly ....
Not sure if you know but you must always peddle before pressing the start button
Are you sure that the motor/gearbox has not come of the lip ? if not you must check out the teeth on the gearbox ....
Bye Chas
« Last Edit: 13, February, 2014 - 14:24:25 by C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER »