News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Team Zero electric mini-moto  (Read 6441 times)

Karl

Team Zero electric mini-moto
« on: 20, December, 2011 - 18:20:39 »
My neighbour purchased two of these as Christmas prezzies for her two grandsons , problem is both are "pre-owned" and neither were working  :-\ So she asked for some help .

It turned out that the charger had a fault and the battery was completely dead , registering o.5v and refusing to charge  :-[

First bit of luck was electricDave helped me to fix the charger (top man  8)) , but then there was the snag with the original 18v battery. They are no longer in production. A search of the internet found a very useful American site advising on how to construct your own power pack using certain 6v batteries

A couple of sets of these were purchased, wired up and installed....and the bike fired up nicely  ;D

These bikes are quite well made for what they are, I'm really chuffed to have got them running again - especially as it means my neighbours grandsons will be able to ride them around on Christmas Day  :)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: Team Zero electric mini-moto
« Reply #1 on: 21, December, 2011 - 07:08:03 »
Great stuff Karl, you are like father christmas fixing them for the children  ;D

Retro Andy.

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #2 on: 21, December, 2011 - 23:14:46 »
They look brilliant, don't let my youngest see that as he already has a motor bike bicycle and he is only 4.

Lance

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #3 on: 22, December, 2011 - 04:55:36 »
Great stuff Karl, you are like father christmas fixing them for the children
  ;D

Retro Andy.

More like Jimmy saville (Now then - Now then, Jingle Jangle Jewellery etc etc  ;D )

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 22, December, 2011 - 06:53:28 »
They look brilliant, don't let my youngest see that as he already has a motor bike bicycle and he is only 4.

Lance

..they are really nice bikes, the second one (not pictured) even has a number 5 on it  8)

Shame to think several may have been scrapped because people wrongly believed that just because the original FG18-7 batteries were no longer obtainable there was no alternative. A bit of "improvise, adapt & overcome" was all that was needed  ;D
« Last Edit: 22, December, 2011 - 06:55:47 by BooBoo »