C5Alive Forum - Archive Section > 2009

Filming with the National Geographic TV Channel

<< < (2/5) > >>

Karl:

--- Quote from: blabblub on  01, April, 2009  - 17:50:20 ---If this keeps up Karl , you may well have to give up the day job  ;D

Blabblubububububububububububububub

--- End quote ---

...I've been on a mixture of 8 hour nights shifts, 12 hour night shift and 6pm-2am shifts for the past week.  Giving up the day job might be tempting  ;D :D

I'd forgotten about the gadget show being on the night before , I must remember to watch it ! :P

I am looking forward to this new bit of filming though...should help the C5 keep its "iconic" status   8)

Karl:
Today was a fantastic day  ;D

Just as my Sat-Nav told me I was getting close to the location for this filming, three DeLorean cars went whizzing past  :o Since this isn't something you often see, I assumed I was indeed close to the venue  :)

Here are some piccies from the film shoot ;

Once they had finished filming with the DeLorean's, they moved onto the Sinclair C5's ;

Karl:
They opted to use "Dave" rather than "Moneypit" ;

...and they made good use of the boot on the C5 ,it held a lot of the gear for the mini-camera mounted ahead of the handlebars.

.......and lastly, a piccie of the man himself ;

He is an absolute legend - a really nice bloke who made you feel as though you had known him for ages  8)

Chris had that "C5 grin" and admitted he was enjoying himself on a C5 - even though it must have been quite a change from the DeLorean he was driving only half an hour previously  :D

A really good day and looking forward to watching the episode - I am told it will be screened on Sunday 28th June.

We might have to invite ourselves to RetroAndys for a TV session after the Royal Run  ;D

Retro Andy:
How cool a day did you have, I have always loved the DeLorean and would have one given half a chance (i do have a huge list for my dream collection) but the Delorean is up there with K.I.T.T and the A-Team van. The filming looks quite comprehensive, i might have to work in the evening after the run, but i will be recorded it, what time will it be on air ?

P.S the A-Team van is for sale, visit www.theateamvan.co.uk if anyone has a spare £30,000.00 it would make a great C5 carrier.

Retro Andy

Retro Andy:
I've just thought i dont get the National Geographic Channel on free view.

Retro Andy. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version