C5Alive Forum - Archive Section > 2009

2nd June 2009 Woking Tour Series Cycling Event

(1/3) > >>

Karl:
We spent today (2/6/09) at the Woking Tour Series Cycling Event, supporting the Brooklands Museum stand by providing two Sinclair C5's to display alongside the historic cycles from the museum.

It was a really great day, lovely weather ,good company and the chance to try out the race circuit on our C5's  8) Only manmaged a quick lap before we swamped by fast moving cycles and had to run for cover  ;D :D

ITV4 were there filming, programme to be shown tomorrow night, plus we were interviewed by the local radio station. Some good publicity for Brooklands, and the Sinclair C5.

http://www.woking.gov.uk/tourseries

Karl:
Some piccies from the day ;

...anyone noticed that C5alive and Sinclair C5's now feature on the Brooklands leaflets  :)

...by the way, the lady sitting in "Voodoo" is Mayor of Woking  8)
http://www.woking.gov.uk/council/councillors2/mayor

Retro Andy:
Looks like another great day Karl, i liked the look of the A2B Metro electric bikes, they look cool.

Retro Andy

Karl:

--- Quote from: Retro Andy on  03, June, 2009  - 06:44:15 ---Looks like another great day Karl, i liked the look of the A2B Metro electric bikes, they look cool.

Retro Andy

--- End quote ---

It was another fantastic day out - the Brooklands staff took good care of us and it was nice to be included in their "set-up".

The Mayor was really brave, tackling Voodoo - although I confess to being a little worried when she went off along the shopping mall and all I could hear was "...it's not stopping !"  :o

...might have to try and sort Voodoo out, it's obviously feeling a bit mischievous again  ;D :D

Those A2B bikes were excellent, but not cheap at £2k  :-\ The gent on the stand said the electric bikes were much better in their full power versions, but have to be toned down a little for the UK and Euro markets  ::).  American versions are more fun     :-X

Retro Andy:
I did'nt catch it on tv last night, i looked when i got home about 6.30 but could'nt find it, did you record it Karl or do you know where i might find on the itv player ?

Retro Andy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version