News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Lights.  (Read 2924 times)

c515mph

Lights.
« on: 29, June, 2010 - 18:53:44 »
ALL THE LIGHT ARE ON, BUT NOBODY IS HOME!
Well just picked up C5 number 9 and checked it over but found it has the same prob as number 8!
All the lights on the pod light up but no power is getting to the motor.
Someone must know what this indicates,LOL.
I tested the fuses and they are fine.I also tried changing the pod but still no luck.
Pity as with a set of new tyres,this would make a nice C5 to  get back on the road.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: Lights.
« Reply #1 on: 30, June, 2010 - 08:30:34 »
Hi Ray number 9 mate that's a lot of C5'S.  :)
Can you give me a few more details of the fault - when you say the light's all light up on the pod - is that a full battery and motor with no load indication ? - if it is a fault with your control box I maybe able to help - perhaps you can try a known good one on it to check and then bring the two duff ones to the next meet we are both at and i,ll have a look at them for you.

Regards Marty

c515mph

« Reply #2 on: 30, June, 2010 - 18:20:26 »
Much obliged,I will give it a try.
I don't want to take over the world of C5s.
Just like gettin old unloved ones and putting them back into useable condition.
I hate to see them sitting under a tree  in a garden.

Offline plumber

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #3 on: 30, June, 2010 - 18:31:19 »
hi there...have you tried the over heat stat? is it open curuit or closed?

the plumber

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #4 on: 30, June, 2010 - 19:46:52 »
I have had exactly the same problem....

When i pressed the go switch i had just 1 green Led coming on on the right hand display and no motor running.

No sound of any relay in the control box could be heard clicking over.

I disconected the two pin conector in the top half of the control box, that goes to the sensor that clips onto the bottom of the motor (yellow or orange wires, its the one on the left looking into the box), and shorted these two pins, then when pressing the Go switch the relay goes over and the motor starts.

So there s a place to look, it might just be that, try checking the connections on that plug first then try disconecting it and shorting the pins and even checking it is on the right pins as my one had only been put on the one pin. There should be an unused pin between the two - two pin plugs

Hope it works.

c515mph

« Reply #5 on: 04, July, 2010 - 01:49:42 »
Motor now running,but all is still not well,LOL.
My brother came over today to help get the Mini El running,and then tried to fix the C5.
There were corroded wires in the cotrol box,a very strange solenoid fault,and so on and so on.
We in the end we got it to run but although the pod lights up ok,the ones on the left dont seem to show power usage.
Tried to take it for a drive,and no luck.Belt slipping.
Did the usual fix but still slipping.
Found that the drive cog is completly worn out,LOL.
So the belt cant grip.
Tempted to sell this one on,any takers,at 250???
LOL.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #6 on: 04, July, 2010 - 10:51:24 »
Hi Ray - if your motor load is not showing and the pod is ok it may be the same fault that Aladds is working on - see his latest post regarding the 'LM358 opamp' under Pod replacement. I also had this fault on my last control box.
« Last Edit: 04, July, 2010 - 10:53:46 by radiomarty »

c515mph

« Reply #7 on: 04, July, 2010 - 16:48:43 »
Ok but cant tell for shure as there is not enough load on he drive at the moment.
I am gettng a little fed up with this one,as it now needs a gearbox,and tyres etc.
Still,It will soon be useable C5,If not the best!