News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: my restoration-bodyshell  (Read 3726 times)

toby

my restoration-bodyshell
« on: 19, August, 2011 - 07:50:15 »
hi everybody,
just would like some advise as i have got my shell like this

to this

by using wet and dry, and scrapers but i can't get it smooth as it has been paint about 10 different colours
is there any advise
thanks toby

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: my restoration-bodyshell
« Reply #1 on: 19, August, 2011 - 08:34:27 »
Hi there it does look a mess .The only thing I would do is to use an orbital sander with a high grade sanding disc .But it will take a lot of work .I know that you must have spent some time on it but it will never be the same again..
There is another way just contact Karl he does have some spare body's for sale just ask it will be a lot easier than trying to get yours ready for the road .
I know that you must have spent some time on it but it will never be the same again..

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #2 on: 19, August, 2011 - 12:21:37 »
Hi,

That is some work you have there to undertake. Chas is correct that you will never get that back to the way is was an you only have two roots to take. 1 scrap the shell or 2 carry on and get it ready for a complete respray. If option2 then you can go with any colour, even white. Look how good Goldfinger (Matt's C5) is.

Were theres a way.............

Good luck

Lance

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 19, August, 2011 - 14:00:21 »
That is a valiant effort mate , you're really up against it trying to get that 'shell back to its original state.

If you don't fancy painting or getting a different bodyshell there is always another option......

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=25.0

..oh yes , fur is the only way to go ! Cheaper than paint and much more fun  ;D

Seriously though, if you want a different bodyshell just let me know .

Offline jk

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #4 on: 22, August, 2011 - 11:10:48 »
G'day,
I recently sent my shell to a soda blaster to have the paint removed. Unfortunately the person who had once painted it purple did not use a primer, and subsequently the paint had leeched well down into the shell, thus no amount of stripping was going to help. Now I've painted the shell to resemble the original colour. I used dupont stock code G0462 which was a close match to the original colour to what could be found.
Hope this helps.
Jason

toby

« Reply #5 on: 23, August, 2011 - 09:54:59 »
hi,
thanks for the help I'm thinking about the soda blasting and the paint code will defiantly help thanks alot
Toby