News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Is this a copy of something familiar ?  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
Re: Is this a copy of something familiar ?
« Reply #1 on: 20, March, 2012 - 06:06:24 »
20 years on and not a lot of change......................................

Lance

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #2 on: 20, March, 2012 - 10:41:43 »
Well actually the battery improvement is quite fundamental, but unfortunately the motor is too powerful for British law on these things.

marra

« Reply #3 on: 20, March, 2012 - 17:26:24 »
Regardless, but a rip off A Bike. Nothing unique in design .

Offline Robosoft

• (c) 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd
  • Battery level: 3
  • You came in that thing? U'r braver than I thought!
    • Sinclair Research
« Reply #4 on: 17, April, 2012 - 21:58:45 »
Well actually the battery improvement is quite fundamental, but unfortunately the motor is too powerful for British law on these things.

I thought 250w was fine in the uk.

All it needs is stickers removing and replacing with lower rated ones if its not legal - no PC Plod will be able to check,  + disable the need to peddle - print out a bill of sale pre 1995 from a closed down retailer and Bobs your uncle.

I used to use this trick all the time with Cars,   e.g. Remove the make badge and model / Ltr sticker and replace them with another make - park on double yellows if you need to, or overstay in car parks,  if you get a ticket the details are all recorded incorrect - Voided ticket.  The best bit its not Illegal to tamper with stickers.

So get one of theses and stick a Vinyl Sinclair / Zike logo on it and listen to all the "I remember those crazy Sinclair bikes............"

« Last Edit: 17, April, 2012 - 22:07:38 by Robosoft »

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #5 on: 18, April, 2012 - 07:19:05 »
Quote from: Robosoft

I used to use this trick all the time with Cars,   e.g. Remove the make badge and model / Ltr sticker and replace them with another make - park on double yellows if you need to, or overstay in car parks,  if you get a ticket the details are all recorded incorrect - Voided ticket.  The best bit its not Illegal to tamper with stickers.

:o