News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: pod problem  (Read 3367 times)

marcdonnelly

pod problem
« on: 02, January, 2011 - 09:42:59 »
can any one explain why my pod lights light up on the left and right on the left hand side but all the middle lights just keep flashing on and off.thanks marc.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: pod problem
« Reply #1 on: 02, January, 2011 - 17:20:12 »
My guess its a short circuit in the control box, Radio Marty is the man to answer this one

Retro Andy.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #2 on: 02, January, 2011 - 19:10:31 »
Hi Bud we seem to be seeing this fault more and more - Flashing motor lights is supposed to be a time out for motor over heat protection - but I am assuming thats not the fault due to the weather ! - A number of solutions have worked recently found in the control box from a blown 1a fuse to dry joints around C2 - also disconnecting and waiting a good 15min has cured it - Goldfinger did it once and it never returned - I would suggest best thing is to check all the soldering for dry joints - then start looking at c2 etc - if you have any probs feel free to contact me will be happy to take a look - regards Radiomarty
« Last Edit: 02, January, 2011 - 20:47:47 by radiomarty »

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #3 on: 03, January, 2011 - 18:02:10 »
I fully agree with Marty, you can also check the pins are clean on the back of the POD, try moving the connector about a bit, switch it off and on again after doing this and some times that can cure it.

A bit of switch cleaner in the plug as well can help.

There a number of things that can give this fault, but its curable  ;)

Happy New year everyone !!!!

PLOD11

joggaeco

« Reply #4 on: 21, October, 2011 - 22:25:11 »
I just had that problem, opening the pod and soldering around the connector pins sorted it. Also pushing the red wires home in the plug to esure good connection.

so the all the lights are on full and steady on both displays.  Is that how they should be now? ???

MovingOnCollectables

« Reply #5 on: 23, August, 2012 - 19:52:23 »
Hello All. Im hoping that someone can help. My C5 pod does not light up at all it is non existant?  As I'm new to this I have no idea where to start so sorry for the brief question. It is running on a 370a Round terminal car Battery if this helps? Thank you in advance for any help.
Regards Gary

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #6 on: 24, August, 2012 - 01:41:11 »
We will need more info ...

Whats the history of the C5 ?

Does it go when you press the switch on the handle bars ?

Most common is the 5 volt regulator in the control box, or the resistor that supplys 12 volts to that regulator ..

Are you handy with a solder iron and a multi meter ?

Where are you located ?

John