News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Aaarrrghhh - sodding computers !! (2)  (Read 3138 times)

Karl

Aaarrrghhh - sodding computers !! (2)
« on: 21, May, 2010 - 07:45:01 »
Yep - more computer woes  :-X

Both my computers are giving me real grief at the moment so I'll have very limited access to the site over the next few days at least.

Hopefully retroAndy,Umpa and RadioMarty can hold the fort for me until I get something cobbled together .

At this stage I dont know what I've lost in terms of emails, documents etc etc.......but it really couldn't have happened at a worse time  ::)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: Aaarrrghhh - sodding computers !! (2)
« Reply #1 on: 21, May, 2010 - 07:59:49 »
Hope you sort it soon Bud - nothing worse than losing all your data.

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 22, May, 2010 - 20:50:58 »
All fixed.....hopefully  :D

Had a bit of a frustrating time of it recently - the computers died, I got a parking ticket (even though I paid and displayed  ???) plus a large crack has mysteriously appeared across the windscreen of my car  :-X

...having had my sense of humour severely tested , things now seem to be looking brighter once again  8)

Computer was fixed for free by Andy (brother-in-law) and a free windscreen is on its way for the car (courtesy of my little bruv.)

So lots to feel good about  ;D

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #3 on: 22, May, 2010 - 20:55:31 »
Welcome back Karl - good to hear things turning out good in the end

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #4 on: 29, May, 2010 - 20:34:43 »
What was wrong with the computer dude ?

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 30, May, 2010 - 13:10:50 »
What was wrong with the computer dude ?

..I cant quite remember everything my brother-in-law said, but it was something along the lines of the administrator profile corrupted and the computer then refused all access to it. Problem was , I was using the administrator profile as my own "daily user" - I've since been told this is a big no no. Even though its all fixed, we now run with our own profiles and leave the administrator profile in the background.

Not sure what caused it, but my brother-in-law is happy it wasn't a virus...

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #6 on: 04, June, 2010 - 07:20:01 »
I did the same, but since all my hobbies have changed for 2010, I have gone all Macintosh.  I wanted a computer that was like an appliance, if Microsoft made TV's you would have the back off it all the time tweaking pots, I wanted a machine that turned on - shut down and worked !! Macintosh has done that for me, so much so that I bought 3 of them, Mac mini's, I know that are not the most powerful mac out there but the new Snow Leopard is very nippy.

Small form factor and does everything a pc does - better :) (except video editing) - coz I don't know how to work the much more powerful software - lol