News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Making a start with a Number Plate  (Read 3819 times)

oldcomps

Making a start with a Number Plate
« on: 16, August, 2008 - 17:42:44 »
The weather is absolutely terrible and I was at a loose end, so I decided to have a go at making a number plate for one of my two project C5's. It look really good , the images below do not do it justice at all.

I made the plate from yellow vinyl for the background and black Schotchlite for the numbers and edging strip.
The three pictures below are to try and show how the numbers change as light shines on it, the top is with no flash the second one is with flash but not facing the plate, finally the last one is full on flash.

As you can see the Schotchlite reflects the light and make the numbers look white, its much better in real life.

aandu

Re: Making a start with a Number Plate
« Reply #1 on: 16, August, 2008 - 21:41:32 »
Nice idea... Why not put something more cheerful? Afterall the C5 is supposed to be loads of fun....  :)

oldcomps

« Reply #2 on: 17, August, 2008 - 08:19:45 »
I thought it was funny, everyone has their own sense of humour and its not what I will use on my C5.

jomac

« Reply #3 on: 17, August, 2008 - 10:05:24 »
you could do me one as well 01 SAD 1-2.. ;D

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 18, August, 2008 - 18:09:21 »
Reminds me of a friend of my brothers...he couldnt afford a "private plate" for his car so he simply made one up and drove around with it on his car  :o

This was many moons ago,before you had to give all your details to number plate manufactures etc. and ANPR's were around either.

It was still illegal though, even if we did have a laugh.  Plus he never got caught by the "boys in blue"  ::)

I'd have been too nervous to do the same ...