News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: control box 'buzz sound'  (Read 2639 times)

Offline hammy

• Battery level: 1
control box 'buzz sound'
« on: 03, September, 2010 - 20:34:28 »
i've now re assembled my c5, the control box was checked and repaired, the motor works fine and has been cleaned but when i press the button on the handlebar i just hear a buzzing sound from the control box and nothing else. im sure all the wiring is connected right
help!!
the lights work fine
also all the lights are on on the pod? is this correct
i am currently testing using a correct battery charger for power
please help

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
Re: control box 'buzz sound'
« Reply #1 on: 03, September, 2010 - 20:50:13 »
A battery charger? That doesn't sound like a good test to me. The signal from a charger wont be as smooth as a battery (although you can use a battery and charger in-line).

Somebody more technically minded will tell you why that wont work as you would like it to.

Do you have a battery you can just wire up? (you can have it charging at the same time)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #2 on: 03, September, 2010 - 20:53:32 »
Hi Hammy - I have never come across a buzzing from the control box - the only thing that concerns me is the use of a battery charger to power it- (a battery charge may well be giving out far to high a voltage which may damage your control box this could be the buzzing you can hear)) can you try running of a car battery and if that fails post a quick picture of how you have wired it up - the Pods lights should be on at all times when the power is connected so that is a good sign.
« Last Edit: 03, September, 2010 - 21:14:45 by radiomarty »

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #3 on: 03, September, 2010 - 23:51:22 »
Certainly needs to be connected to a battery ...

I would not have thought the charger would be able to cope with the sort of current that would be drawn by the motor from start and the "BUZZING SOUND" is the relay chattering in the control box.

John
« Last Edit: 04, September, 2010 - 17:11:11 by PLOD11 »

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #4 on: 06, September, 2010 - 09:09:03 »
Why not just use jump leads from your car battery if you don't have a spare battery handy.