News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: whats the cheapest battery for a C5 I could get  (Read 2231 times)

Offline billing389

• Battery level: 1
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
whats the cheapest battery for a C5 I could get
« on: 19, June, 2013 - 10:12:33 »
Whats the cheapest battery for my Sinclair c5 I could get to test everything is working.

Its still a way to go before I can get it on the road

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: whats the cheapest battery for a C5 I could get
« Reply #1 on: 19, June, 2013 - 11:11:50 »
Hi there it depends if you have the original key switch or battery clamps ...Any charged 12 volt car battery would do but it only takes a split second to damage the control box / pod so make sure you connect it the right way round ....(I know you may say I know that but I have been servicing C5 for years and it does happen)
Bye Chas

Offline Doc Holliday

• Battery level: 0
  • spaceship driver
« Reply #2 on: 19, June, 2013 - 16:15:28 »
It happend to the C5 that I got from the fomer Owner - I have to rebuild eveything  :(

Thr cheapest is the smallest battery - start at 0,54 € but I think you can only test the electric not the motor(Camelion A23-BP1 23 8/LR932 Elektronikbatterie Alkali-Mangan 28,5x10,3 (HxØ/mm) 12V 28,5x10,3 (HxØ/mm)
up to 220Ah 12V Batterie Fulmen Nautica Tudor
220Ah 12V Batterie Fulmen Nautica Tudor
455,00 EUR

just take jump-cables from a car (battery) that would work without buying an extra battery  :)

Offline gertk

• Battery level: 6
  • When in doubt: C5
« Reply #3 on: 19, June, 2013 - 17:31:17 »
For testing you can also use an emergency jumpstarter with a built in battery.

I also used a 17 Ah 12 Volt battery and could get around the block many times  :D
When everything is working you could consider a full size battery with a matching charger.
The original charger is only usable for old style wet lead acid batteries and can damage gel or closed lead acid batteries.

In this thread you can see what I used/adapted: http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3040.0.html