News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Another battery question whats the best battery for running 24 volts??????  (Read 3958 times)

marcdonnelly

Im hoping to make my recent new buy off  daz,  his purple c5 24 volts,  it came with a halfords leisure battery 70 ah but each of  these weigh in at a hefty 19.5 kg does anyone know of a decent battery for running 24 volts which are lighter and not going to cost me a small fortune and a visit to the bank mananger,s  loan department thanks marc.  ???

Offline frankev

• Battery level: 0
  • One Sinclair on the road, doesn't mean it's summer
    • Sinclair meeting in Holland in july 2011
Most trucks drive with 24 volts battery's on board. You could check there.
Also some of the scoot-mobiles drive on 24 volt. Maybe to give you an idea where to look. They are not so huge  :)
Further, if you look on Ebay.co.uk
I have a professional 12 and/or 24 volts loader collecting dust in my shed.
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1535.0
It has a four pole connection plug, so you might have to figure out how to connect it.
succes

Frank

marcdonnelly

Thanks frank had a look phoned a battery company but no luck, looks like 2 heavy halfords 70ah going on the purple one..

Offline frankev

Marc,

First try a boat supply shop. Lots of boats use 24volts as well

greetz

Frank

alexbromo

You can consider to install two AGM 12v batteries connected in series.

For example, a pair of 20Ah AGM batteries like this: http://cgi.ebay.it/AKKU-12V-20Ah-BATTERIE-AGM-USV-SOLAR-NOTSTROM-/230415786812?pt=Batterien_Akkus&hash=item35a5d9e33c

weigh 11.5 kg (pair) and, placed one per side, permit to obtain an ideal weight balance on the vehicle ...

Alex Bromo

marcdonnelly

Thanks alex for the reply but wanted a battery that i could use quick release terimals on thanks marc.

marcdonnelly

Hi frank your item i sent you was returned to my address i have took it down to the post office again and asked what the problem was, she said every thing looked ok and said to just send it again sorry for the delay thanks marc.

Offline frankev

Hi frank your item i sent you was returned to my address i have took it down to the post office again and asked what the problem was, she said every thing looked ok and said to just send it again sorry for the delay thanks marc.
Hi Marc,

Today, 27 th of november, nothing in the mail yet.
I know, waiting is a virtue and makes the reward more bigger  ;)  but do you have any news from the post office yet?

marcdonnelly

Hi i reposted it after it was returned to me ,please keep me informed if you dont receive it soon i have the proof of posting receipt and i will take it up with royal mail thanks marc.

Offline frankev

Don't worry, I have relatives in England, Mail can take its time, believe me, we know.
Birthday/Christmas presents sometimes arrive much to late. Keep you informed.
On top of that, there are strike actions going on in the mail here.
This is not really on"topic" here. Can you mail me directly if you know more?

greetings

Frank