News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: very slow motor.. low power  (Read 2842 times)

Offline hammy

• Battery level: 1
very slow motor.. low power
« on: 23, December, 2010 - 21:10:55 »
well i've just tried out my c5 in the garage on stands and the motor appears very slow and very low on power, so much so that i can easily stop the wheel with my hand. very easyin fact
the battery is fully charged, but i also tried it on a battery charger and the same
help!!!!!

Karl

Re: very slow motor.. low power
« Reply #1 on: 24, December, 2010 - 11:41:52 »
Could be a number of things, so start with the easiest first and then its a process of elimination.

If the motor is turning slowly I would be looking at possible low power from a poor battery (check it properly with a load tester) . Other possibilities could include worn motor brushes , maybe even the magnets have come loose from the motor body. If the motor turns freely with no grinding noises when you turn it by hand you can eliminate a few of these possibilities - but it might be worth taking the motor apart to have a look and see if everything is ok.

Offline hammy

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #2 on: 24, December, 2010 - 11:46:15 »
HAVE NOW REMOVED THE MOTOR AND APPLIED POWER DIRECT FROM THE BATTERY AND IT WORKS FINE, GOOD AND STRONG
SO WHY IS IT SLOW ONCE CONNECTED UP???
ANY IDEAS

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #3 on: 24, December, 2010 - 15:17:22 »
Hi hammy - the motor , pod and control box all tested ok when I had them so the problem is either a break / bad earth in your wiring or wrongly connected - are you able to post photo's of your connections ?