News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: Almost no motor drive yet the main motor relay does 'click'  (Read 2603 times)

Offline POZE

• Battery level: 1
Hi all
Just been looking through a number of pages on the tech forum but cant find the exact answer needed...

Just working on a project C5,no pod lights yet. But if you connect the 12v battery and press the microswitch you get 12v directly to the thick red wire, but no motor movement. Released the micros and the voltage goes back to zero V. Nothing voltage wise on the black thick wire(or was it brown?) on the other side of the motor at all.

No fwd drive unless you rotate the wheel slowly backwards then it will suddenly click and the motor will spin the correct way for maybe 1 revolution. Not much.  Ive not messed around yet as i didnt want to keep rotating it backwards incase that caused more damage

Any ideas welcome.  Tonight i had a quick look at my working C5 and this has 12v on both thick wires as soon as you connect the battery, then when micros is pressed you loose the 12v on the black wire (or was it brown ?).

If nothing comes up, i'll sit my working one side by side against this project one and test connectors etc!

Cheers, Paul

Karl

Re: Almost no motor drive yet the main motor relay does 'click'
« Reply #1 on: 04, May, 2011 - 00:15:38 »
Might be worth trying the obvious stuff first. Does the motor rotate freely by hand ? There should be some light resistance, but you should be able to turn the drive cog easily. If not then you need to start looking at the gearbox and then the armature bearings and brushes etc. If they are okay then move onto the wiring side.