News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: Media Coverrage of my C5¬  (Read 3651 times)

joggaeco

Media Coverrage of my C5¬
« on: 20, October, 2011 - 23:29:13 »
Hi! Folks, check out the media interest in this little mite! How do I do put this on the media links?

http://lnk.ms/WDRy1
« Last Edit: 21, October, 2011 - 00:52:47 by joggaeco »

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Re: Media Coverrage of my C5¬
« Reply #1 on: 21, October, 2011 - 02:08:01 »
Link not working ???

joggaeco

« Reply #2 on: 21, October, 2011 - 03:18:25 »
Just tried the link, worked after i refreshed my internet connection, try that?

or all welcome to search for my full name: mr jogga singh teidy , got myspace and the link is on top of my profile.

I'm in east london
looking to entre politics, anywhere for lost labour seat!

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #3 on: 21, October, 2011 - 14:28:43 »
No probs ....

I spend a lot of time in East London .....

I live in Peterborough, but work in London  8)

If you need any help with the C5 let me know, I may be able to pop along and have a look at your POD problem. ?

John
PLOD11

joggaeco

« Reply #4 on: 21, October, 2011 - 20:11:12 »
Thanks for the offer i'll let us know if I can't get it going.

this is the problem now:

1. I soldered the pins, on the pod, and all the ligths are on and steady, The headlight and tail works fine, but the switch on handle bar does not does not make the motor work. T

The servo and motor worked before, when the pod failed to work!  Now the servo to the motor does not click.

It  did work intermittently today beore I solderd the pod pins.

3. Fuses are ok

4. The motor is ok, despite the fact that the one of the connector popped out into my hand, so this was another cause of the intermitent fault.

I think the cut out switch is affected by the cold weather?  I could try connecting the wires to bypass it? will I cause any damage to the unit?

Really I want to use the C5 regular and I want it to be reliable, there is too much electronic interplay, reminds me of the old TR7 I had, bonnet up all the time!

I am think of either wippiong out the temperature gauge ( or leave it in if it is stand alone unit and makes the buzzer work only?)

Remove the thermal cutout, IS THIS THE BIT CLIPPED TO THE SIDE OF THE BODY? and join the two wires together.

In this way, I remove the brain of the C5 that take over the funb of riding it, I know how much motor I use and won;t strectch it, and there will be no lock out of power!

The alternative is as above, but to just create a seperate switching unit to the motor, and leave the two wires from the control box to the motor as idle.

Any thought on the first problem as to why the motor is not workink? according tot he manual it is locked out of power, allow motor to cool, IT IS FROZEN at the moment!

I think it is faulty stuck in off postion thermal cut out, affected by the cold weather and its an old unit.
« Last Edit: 21, October, 2011 - 20:15:03 by joggaeco »

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #5 on: 22, October, 2011 - 03:41:46 »
The fault you have, can be caused by numerous things all giving the same symptoms. Some can be easy to elliminate, others will cause a lot head aches.

Below is what the POD lights should look like when at a stand with power going to the C5.

I dont recomend by passing things until you know what the problem is.

Marty offers a repair service, that will ensure that the C5 is reliable and i would recomend going down that route to get it sorted.

You must remember that the Electronics on the C5 are 26 years plus old and even if stored carefully will be starting to break down internally. C5s that have been stored in damp conditions are going to suffer more from failures, so is worth getting it looked at.

The last option is to remove the POD and control board and just use a relay to control power to the motor,  thats an option that several people have done.

« Last Edit: 22, October, 2011 - 03:51:24 by PLOD11 »

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #6 on: 23, October, 2011 - 00:11:42 »
If you need to try a good POD AND CONTROL BOARD let me know, as i say i am often in East london and willing to try and get this sorted for you.

At least it will eliminate one or the other and give you somewhere to start.

I am over in East London Wednesday evening.

John
PLOD11

joggaeco

« Reply #7 on: 23, October, 2011 - 03:50:16 »
Thanks for this advice.

My pod as all the lights on fully on both displays.

Too tempremental to use and even replace as the same problem will reoccur.

I think the option of using the relay only to power the motor sounds good.

Will the lights and indicater and horn still work from the control box? the pod will be obsolet, and I will just keep it on as show.

How much are you charging for the work?

NB in the meantime, I found normal voltage at R1 but 0.01 at the m unit the one next to it with a heatsink.

Going to check the back of the board tom.

joggaeco

« Reply #8 on: 30, October, 2011 - 03:05:59 »
Give us details of the replacement relay system? Rather be done with the control box, nice fiddle it for a bit, but rather be riding the C5!

Thanks,

Joggaeco

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 30, October, 2011 - 08:03:51 »
I'm hoping to have a relay kit fairly soon , just a few other items to sort out first  :)