News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: POD lights  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Ray

• Battery level: 0
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
POD lights
« on: 15, April, 2014 - 17:04:38 »
A week ago when I first connected the POD & control box on my 2nd C5 there were no lights initially. Checking around the control box with my multi-meter I seemed to be getting 20 to 24 volts. (Is it possible for a standard 12 volt battery to be stepped up by the control box or POD?
After a time of turning all off, re-connecting and testing I eventually got all lights on the POD.
After more time wriggling the POD connector etc. I eventually got the battery lights plus the outer amber motor lights. At this stage the motor would run and has done so with the C5 on the workbench for the last few days.
I had to run the motor without the micro-switch which was stuck and have replaced that today and moved onto fixing the front & rear lights, removed the old bulbs and have to get 2 new ones.
I now find I am back to no POD lights and measuring 20 to 24 volt again. The POD is ok on the other C%.
Any clues what to look at please?
Regards
Ray

Offline Ray

• Battery level: 0
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Re: POD lights
« Reply #1 on: 16, April, 2014 - 17:30:47 »
Update.
Today I pulled all connectors off and after a few tries put them back I got the motor working again. No clue how or why though. Possibly poor connection other than at the POD?
After that as usual I had to wiggle the red POD connector to get lights working correctly. Now short road tested, needs a front bulb, the control box cover fitting and it's ready for the grandchildren to race me on. Sneakily I have only fitted a used car battery I had so I SHOULD be faster, excess weight permitting!!!

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
Re: POD lights
« Reply #2 on: 20, April, 2014 - 13:27:40 »
Hi Ray, i have a similar issue with one of my C5s.
1) check the pins on the POD circuit board. Resolder the joints to the circuit board tracks.
2) use a bit of emerary paper or sand paper to clean the pins. Try using a bit of solder on the pins to recoat them.
3) a bit of wd40 on the connector that plugs into the POD.

lance