News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: finally got a battery but my c5 still doesnt work.....help please  (Read 3436 times)

dlittlewood

Hi I finally got hold of a working battery for my c5, I charged it up and can see from a meter that 12v is coming out of it.  When I plug it into my c5 and turn the key to D I can see on the pod that all the lights on the right are lit but only one light is lit on the left.  When I press the microswitch for the engine the pod lights seem to dim but I cant hear the motor.  Am I doing something wrong?  I am new to this.  Thanks, Damion.

pabunce

Re: finally got a battery but my c5 still doesnt work.....help please
« Reply #1 on: 02, August, 2009 - 19:29:44 »
I am no expert but the POD is doing what it should... I once connected the motor direct to the battery just for testing-be cautious they do give a kick, if that works suggest problem is with control box.

However, suggest that experts give their solution as well.

Paul

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #2 on: 03, August, 2009 - 09:36:54 »
Hi mate - I'm new to all this too but must agree it sounds as if your pod is ok - possibly a fault with the motor or control box - I would check your motor directly of a battery but would recommend a quick service of it first (clean motor - grease gearbox) - there is step by step instruction on this site on how to do that - it is not that hard (honest) - if the motor turns out ok look towards your control box - there are a couple of fuses etc  - if you get stuck C5Martin is the 'daddy' of all things electrical and i'm sure getting in touch with him is the way to go !!
Good luck and keep us updated.

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 03, August, 2009 - 13:31:19 »
You'll need to go through the possibilities small steps at a time. You need to make sure the motor and gearbox both turn freely by hand, sometimes the bearings can seize,magnets fall off inside the motor and any number of other possibilities.

You might as well start by stripping and servicing the motor and gearbox, that way you have a good "base line" to work from.

Then power up the motor and take it from there.   

The keyswitch connections, pod connections and control box (plus fuses) all need checking to eliminate any other possibilites.

Should keep you busy for a weekend  :)