News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Help, my son reversed pollarity...  (Read 8098 times)

biker550_uk

Re: Help, my son reversed pollarity...
« Reply #15 on: 16, February, 2011 - 18:59:58 »
Medway in Kent... and ordered a ztx 450 which is listed as works and the other part.  The Pod was in working order until the accident.
« Last Edit: 16, February, 2011 - 19:47:46 by biker550_uk »

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #16 on: 16, February, 2011 - 19:55:02 »
No Problem, i am in Peterborough, Cambs, shame you are not closer. Anyway see how it goes when those bits have been changed and fingers crossed it will be sorted.

Everything in the control box is replaceable and so is the POD ----  Except the ULA, but i wouldn't think its been damaged by this. ::)

Let us know how you get on with it. :)

biker550_uk

« Reply #17 on: 16, February, 2011 - 19:56:57 »
I will do, and thanks for you help, I used to repair electronics to component level, but i think ive forgotton more than i thought i knew....lol

biker550_uk

« Reply #18 on: 17, February, 2011 - 15:44:33 »
After a long go at measuring voltages last night etc etc, i put it to bed and left it.  Ive gone back to it today and conected the battery and although All the POD lights ore on the motor is working off the switch again.  I have not relaced anything else as im waiting for the bits you said to try.  It seems that this might be thermal based, any new idea's? this is weired.  I will dissconect the battery and very roughly put it back together, try the switch if it works still then i will get my son to ride it and see if it lasts longer than yesterday. (5-6mins).  I think the POD lights may be a different fault.  I know know that the C5 will not run with out the POD conected.

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #19 on: 17, February, 2011 - 17:15:44 »
With the POD lights,  try moving the connector about on the back of the POD, check all the pins are clean as these get tarnished. You may have to switch off and on again after each thing you try to clear the fault, if hat makes sense.

This conector can give all sorts of spurious faults .

biker550_uk

« Reply #20 on: 17, February, 2011 - 18:23:14 »
The C5 is alive... lol It worked for about and hour with out trouble.  I found a 1/2 broken wire which goes into the top of the motor which i assume to be the thermal sensor  which was also not in properly.  I repaired the wire and sorted the sensor then went on with my son for an hour.

I have a fibre glass pen that is especially for cleaning contacts and all the poles are shiney as when i got the C5 you had to move the conector to get the lights on in the first place.  There were also several dry joints which i have soldered.  The POD was in working order until the unfortunate accident and R21 cooked itself. 

biker550_uk

« Reply #21 on: 23, February, 2011 - 07:01:10 »
I think all is working now just need to test is properly and find a list of fault codes for the POD, as even that is working.  It turned out to be the 5v regulator inside the POD TR3.

I would like to thank everyone for their help and if I can return the favour one day I will.

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #22 on: 23, February, 2011 - 13:44:19 »
Glad its all working ok   :), i have sent you an e mail.

John

Karl

« Reply #23 on: 23, February, 2011 - 16:29:33 »
It is very reassuring to see the c5alive forum is proving to be as useful as I had hoped  8), and it is especially reassuring to see everything coping well even when I'm out of the country  :D

... as Plod says, glad it all worked out well mate  ;)

biker550_uk

« Reply #24 on: 23, February, 2011 - 19:12:09 »
thanks, and i will get my electrical engineer cap back on slowly... but its great to get the help and hope to be able to give some in the future.