News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Pod Motor Load Indicator Issue  (Read 3293 times)

Offline peckishere

• Battery level: 3
    • peckishere's Twitter
Pod Motor Load Indicator Issue
« on: 23, February, 2011 - 19:57:56 »
Hello

I have managed to get my pod partially working as in it will light up the yellow LEDs when it is switched on and when engaging the motor the first red LED will light up. However I cannot get it to go into the yellow and green phases even when pedaling.

Here is a link to a youtube video ive made showing the issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=577UvB40ILM

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Re: Pod Motor Load Indicator Issue
« Reply #1 on: 24, February, 2011 - 18:47:57 »
I would try and get a known working POD to swap for yours and see if its doing the same thing.

This will narrow it down to either the POD or control box being at fault.

That will give you a place to start looking.

John           PLOD11

Offline peckishere

• peckishere's Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 05, March, 2011 - 17:53:16 »
hey all

I have re soldered all of the connector pins in the pod today as some had cracked joints, however still no joy  :(

I have just seen another topic that takes you through step by step measuring the voltage that could help fixing my pod issue

You wil need to put your negative probe from your meter on a 0v connection ie X1 the blue connection from the battery

1. First check you have 12V at R1 by placing your positive probe at point A on the photo.
2. Check you have 12v leaving R1 by placing your positive probe at point B on the photo - the other side of the resistor - if not you wil need to replace it.
3. If all ok with R1 check you have 12v going into the regulator by placing your positive probe on point D (ps I have removed the heat sink on this one for repair)
4. Now check the regulator is supplying the 5v you need by placing the probe on point C. You should read 5V if not the regulator will need changing.

I'm not sure if this will help my issue but its worth a try, I am starting to think its more a pod issue from the ULA chip

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #3 on: 05, March, 2011 - 19:37:09 »
Hi there if alL fails just send the pod to me and I will check it out for you .....Bye Chas email me

Offline peckishere

• peckishere's Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 05, March, 2011 - 19:57:04 »
just checked the regulator in the control box with my dad and everything is 100% ok

so its definitely a pod issue :-\

oh well i will contact chas and see if he can fix it for me  :)