News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: TV fame, and a cool car as well !  (Read 2267 times)

Karl

TV fame, and a cool car as well !
« on: 19, June, 2010 - 10:50:44 »
If only I had the spare cash lying around...;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOND-BUG-700-ES-ORANGE-1970-SALE-/260621077308?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cae3a0b3c

...a really nice Bond Bug just sitting there waiting to be snapped up  8)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: TV fame, and a cool car as well !
« Reply #1 on: 19, June, 2010 - 12:52:54 »
I would really love a Bond Bug, I remmeber seeing one about 30 years ago and thought it was really cool, I have looked before on e-bay at them and they do fetch good money, with the following for vehicle's like the Bond Bug and the C5 becoming ever more popular we should have something worth keeping hold of

Retro Andy. 

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #2 on: 20, June, 2010 - 11:04:40 »
I am tempted, er in doors has said no !   :-\  But that hasn't stopped me before  :P

Really nice bit of history. !

Where i usd to live in east london as a kid, we had a reliant main dealer (Warwick Doubles) and i remember going past a row of these on the forcourt along side  a load of reliant robins.

If only i had two boxed C5s from scotland ,i could sell them and then i could buy it.  ;D

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #3 on: 21, June, 2010 - 09:54:16 »
The Bond Bug was another horrible vehicle from the 70's. The Tom Karen /Ogle Design styling was great but the execution was awful. The chassis rots near the rear raduis arm locations, the body and door hinge mountings rot and swell out of the fibreglass the engine overheats, oh, and minor item this for those that don't value their lives, they tip up when pushed
even slightly hard. For less money, you can buy a Porsche in good condition, a model that provided the basis for the car finishing 6th at Le Mans in 1980, oh and seventh in  1981- no contest: and they will still cruise at 120-130 mph on the Autobahns if in reasonable order.

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 21, June, 2010 - 15:33:03 »
All of that may well be true ...but it's simply because they are as mad as a bucket of frogs that I still really want one  ;D

I accept there is no accounting for taste  :P