News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Pod Issue  (Read 1589 times)

Offline C5tim

• Battery level: 0
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Pod Issue
« on: 16, June, 2014 - 13:14:35 »
Hi,

My recently purchased C5 runs great apart from the Pod lights don't work. No lights come on at all. I believe something is working in the Pod because after a longish test run I had the motor overheating alarm come from it.

I have had a look around the control box (I'm no electrical engineer) and found what I think is a diode (D1) has no casing left on it. Could this be the cause?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Tim

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: Pod Issue
« Reply #1 on: 16, June, 2014 - 16:14:20 »
Hi Tim - the diode will not stop your pod lighting up but will cause problems with your relay and may allow the contacts to stick together and cause the motor stick on - Well worth changing it - the pod issue will most likely be R1 a 2.2 ohm resistor or the 5v regulator - Regards Marty

Offline C5tim

• Battery level: 0
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #2 on: 16, June, 2014 - 16:30:28 »
Thanks for the quick response. To be perfectly honest I'm ok tinkering but I know this sort of stuff is out of my league. I want to keep the C5 as original as possible so I don't really want to swap the control board just repair it. Do you know anyone who repairs these?

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #3 on: 16, June, 2014 - 17:55:32 »
Hi Tim - I offer a postal repair service - drop me an email and we can sort the details - Regards Marty