Other Interests, Hobbies and Sinclair Products > Other interests and hobbies

My 1988 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign 3.6

<< < (3/9) > >>

kamilb1998:
Started putting it back together today. Got my assistant to help me get the head back on, and I managed to get the cam sprockets, chain, tensioner and distributor back in today.

PLOD11:
Rather you than me  :o

I have not stripped an engine down for years, i will stick to C5s  ;D

looking good though   ;)

John

kamilb1998:
I got it back together and running on Monday the 24th October but he developed a leak from the chain tensioner. I got the distributor out to get to the bolts for it, undid them only to find that it had snapped  :o. After this followed a two week wait for replacement tensioner which arrived along with some Instant Gasket yesterday. I got it fitted today and I can safely say that Oliver is now properly fixed!

I was a little nervous at first because there was smoke coming out from the exhaust manifold area at first but I had a look and it turned out to just be some oil left over on the manifold from when the tensioner let go, but I got him up to temperature and he stayed at a steady 90 degrees. I drove him up and down the close a couple of times and the power steering has come back, but the brake pedal has a little more travel than I remember it to. Sadly no pictures or videos from today because it had got dark by the time I got it running.

Edited to add pictures;

Karl:
Your car seems well worth the effort mate, looks really nice  8)

c515mph:
Fantastic job on a great british car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version