News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: 18th July 2010 - M&Ms mk run revisited!  (Read 20138 times)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: 18th July 2010 - M&Ms mk run revisited!
« Reply #30 on: 18, July, 2010 - 22:37:54 »
Some nice pictures of what looks to have been another great day, and you have got to send that video in of the dog to you've been framed, you would be able to buy another C5 with the £250.00  :)

Retro Andy.

P.S I am looking out for a trade in at work for you Mike, I will look for one with roof bars  :D

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #31 on: 18, July, 2010 - 22:45:40 »
I'm still laughing at the dog video!

Cheers Andy, Although I did enjoy the "shuttle" experience!

Any chance anybody (John, Martin, Matt?) who got any video can send me the raw footage on a cd or a dvd or something (mpg / avi files)? I'll happily pay costs etc :)
« Last Edit: 18, July, 2010 - 23:07:15 by MikeDX »

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #32 on: 18, July, 2010 - 22:46:35 »
Top pictures Plod - I look a bit serious with the maps !!! - ah yes lawnmower man now that was odd !(you have to have been there)

Mike I know you said you didn't take many photo's but I can't see any !!!

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #33 on: 18, July, 2010 - 22:52:00 »
Mike I know you said you didn't take many photo's but I can't see any !!!

Ah..! Wrong folder! All fixed now :)

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #34 on: 18, July, 2010 - 23:19:01 »
No problem, e mail me your address and i will post it to you.

I will upload the edit version once my Daughter comes home tomorrow.

John

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #35 on: 18, July, 2010 - 23:22:24 »
Cheers John! Mail sent :)

mikesmate

« Reply #36 on: 18, July, 2010 - 23:36:59 »
Ok so first post and i guess i better post it here as i was the virgin  :-\

first off all it was great to meet all who turned up i can honestly say in all the car meets i have attended i have NEVER turned up with my ride strapped down to the vehicle i arrived in lol.

ok so i get to the meet with mikedx not having a clue what the hell i was letting myself in for (ah daz we just got a few mile run to find the rout for the main meet) so im thinking ok full battery 5-10mph yeah im good i wont have to do a great deal of peddling hahah

so lets get to it get the c5 off the roof and we are all set wwwooooooooo lets go..........No mike decides that the great group of guys that are there need to help fix the pod lights 1st so 3 blokes on there hands and knees getting the control box apart again noooooo........ i sugest we pick it up and for once actualy put it in the back of mikes car to work at a decent hight(us mechanics dont work on the floor ;) ) so after massive thanks to everyone the c5 thats taking my virginity is up and running.

skip forwards to the run, now we start at the carpark now thats easy right its all set out in the marvelous mk city circular trail brouchure we had, WRONG its set in 24 segments and as we found out many many many a time unless you think your left is your right and your right dont exist its probably only good to use as a good kneel matt for when you get a puncture lol, but undefeted off we go and wow did we go.......and stop right we are getting nowhere with the map so mike gets us the directions off the phone (whilst stopped halfway up a hill and me driving the only c5 with a slipping drive belt,,,story of the day lol) but again woooo we are off.

Until...... the 2nd biggest hill of the trail 3 get to the top and realise 007 has a puncture easy fix  plenty of innertubes no probs but wait 6 of us started out and only 3 at the top whats goin on here??? after walkin back down the bottom off the hill i see the others fixing a puncture at the bottom of the hill lol now i gotta walk back up it grrrrr. long story short after several more breakdowns (punctures and brake cable and various battery lead disconnections) we are almost on the home straight...........

part 2 to follow i can hardly move lol

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #37 on: 19, July, 2010 - 10:33:57 »
This is what we needed yesterday  ;D

MyDEL Ventus G730 GPS-logger

http://www.hamradio.co.uk/acatalog/Gadgets.html

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #38 on: 19, July, 2010 - 10:52:34 »
I  just use the GPS on my phone(and the Dynamometer app that I bought for £1.49)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #39 on: 19, July, 2010 - 10:58:11 »
Love the pics with the cows  :D

Looks like you all had another fun run out. Looking forward to getting on this run next year  ;D

Daz

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #40 on: 19, July, 2010 - 11:05:53 »
As we found out on the day , the MK Half marathon was taking place.

On the NSPCC site for there event, there is a route map, maybe we can use some of that route ??

I think that we coverd a lot of it anyway and more  ;D

http://www.mkhalfmarathon.org.uk/runners-info.html

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #41 on: 19, July, 2010 - 12:36:49 »
Half of the problem i think is the lack of clear instructions - the marathon had marshalls showing people where to go. We are never that lucky :)

I reckon next time we'll crack it anyway, with more than 1 or 2V left in the battery if we dont get lost and dont stop so much :)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
« Reply #42 on: 19, July, 2010 - 15:31:42 »
This is what we needed yesterday  ;D

MyDEL Ventus G730 GPS-logger

http://www.hamradio.co.uk/acatalog/Gadgets.html

Great gadget Plod I think you should get one before the next run  :) :)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
« Reply #43 on: 19, July, 2010 - 15:35:08 »
Half of the problem i think is the lack of clear instructions - the marathon had marshalls showing people where to go. We are never that lucky :)

I reckon next time we'll crack it anyway, with more than 1 or 2V left in the battery if we dont get lost and dont stop so much :)

Mike I know you are as keen as me to crack this one - we can get round to the cow's now no problems - it's just a matter of time before we master the second half making for a really good run next year.

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #44 on: 19, July, 2010 - 15:41:43 »
Mike I know you are as keen as me to crack this one - we can get round to the cow's now no problems - it's just a matter of time before we master the second half making for a really good run next year.

Definitely, you just let me know when you are free one weekend :) I've been looking at the google map and making some changes - there's definitely some lessons to be learned from sunday ;D