News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: What events would you like for 2011 ?  (Read 9192 times)

Karl

What events would you like for 2011 ?
« on: 08, October, 2010 - 10:46:48 »
As most of you have already worked out, I do like to plan ahead  8), so I'm starting to think about what events we should consider for next year (2011).

I'd suggest keeping with the present mixture of static events, some track based stuff and the "ride outs" would be a good idea but maybe we should introduce some new venue's. The Brooklands Vintage Cycle event, together with the 2011 AER event at Santa Pod and the 2011 BVS Electrathon will be on the list, but I'm open to suggestions regarding other events.

If you fancy arranging a meeting, why not suggest it here so we can have a few ideas to play with.

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
Re: What events would you like for 2011 ?
« Reply #1 on: 08, October, 2010 - 13:28:47 »
I think it would be fun to have an Autosolo type event, ie a sprint against the clock for one C5 at a time around cones,on suitable piece of flat hard surface. As the vehicles are so small and slow the course could be very tight hence the carpark or whatever wouldn't need to be large. Sourcing a venue would not be too easy, and insurance could be an issue, but the cost could be covered by entry fees. I have ideas for venues but they are around my area of Leeds-would be folks be interested & prepared to travel?

marra

« Reply #2 on: 08, October, 2010 - 19:10:30 »
Wet T,shirt comp ..........  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #3 on: 08, October, 2010 - 19:37:13 »
Our local one has a micro car section :

http://www.cavalcade.org.uk/

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 08, October, 2010 - 20:38:06 »

...we'll add that to our list , looks like a good event  8)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #5 on: 08, October, 2010 - 21:40:19 »
I will be holding Royal Run the 3rd, will be looking at a date possibly a bit earlier in the year to shorten the winter lull, what do you think ?

Retro Andy

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #6 on: 08, October, 2010 - 21:52:11 »

If you fancy this one Karl maybe worth making contact soon as they normally get booked out.

...we'll add that to our list , looks like a good event  8)

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 14, October, 2010 - 10:34:22 »
I've started putting together the list for 2011;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1477.0

...entry form sent to AER and awaits reply.

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 19, October, 2010 - 18:01:54 »
...I think it would be fun to have an Autosolo type event, ie a sprint against the clock for one C5 at a time around cones,on suitable piece of flat hard surface. As the vehicles are so small and slow the course could be very tight hence the carpark or whatever wouldn't need to be large. ....

Coverman- I think this is something that could be held at Brooklands without too much trouble. It could take place within another event,such as our September Vintage Cycle event.

Would you be happy to put it all together if the venue was sorted ?

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #9 on: 20, October, 2010 - 09:11:02 »
Hello Karl, yes I would be happy to organize this. The space we had at Brookland this year would suffice;all we would need would be 60-80 cones to delineate the slalom etc and a stop-watch.. I could make folks aware in advance of the very few rules via this forum. The trickiest part, bearing in mind the C5 poor brakes would be stopping astride the finishing line! Would Brooklands, 1. allow us to do this event, 2. have sufficient cones to lend us?

Karl

« Reply #10 on: 20, October, 2010 - 13:21:55 »
Hello Karl, yes I would be happy to organize this. The space we had at Brookland this year would suffice;all we would need would be 60-80 cones to delineate the slalom etc and a stop-watch.. I could make folks aware in advance of the very few rules via this forum. The trickiest part, bearing in mind the C5 poor brakes would be stopping astride the finishing line! Would Brooklands, 1. allow us to do this event, 2. have sufficient cones to lend us?

I will be going back to Brooklands next month to give their display c5 a once over, hopefully put the idea to them then and see what response we get. Should be ok  ;)

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #11 on: 20, October, 2010 - 23:00:57 »
i did put this idea up last year,

i'd recommend the Wings and Wheels model show (as in model cars Jets etc. before anyone has to adjust there pacemakers  ;D) .

2 day event, one held at North Weald Aerodrome, a little way up the M11 near Harlow, so very easy to get to for most anyone. Every Saturday is a ruddy great big market, so any spouses want to have a shop while we play will b catered for ::)

also one held in Surrey, where Brooklands will be involved

http://www.wingsandwheels.net/information.html

not been to that one but at North Weald the pedestrian and display area is part of the concrete runway, so absolutely ideal for C5's, to toddle about on, or simply to do a static display.

there are several model supplies, tool stands and machine shop types usually, so you might even get that mod made you were hankering after.

we would need to contact the organisers for permission,  PL insurance and so on, but it is a fantastic day out, and the flying displays for us big boys of all ages are worth seeing in their own right.

unfortunately i can't be the organiser, as shown by the last 2 meets, i may had to drop out for work reasons at very short notice,

no dates posted as yet for North Weald, bu Surey is August Bank Holiday

so just an idea.

Alan

retroboy

« Reply #12 on: 04, November, 2010 - 20:33:12 »
Hi there folks just and idea, I know the C5 is not strictly a car but I went to the National microcar rally this year and was a great day out with many micro and bubble cars attending. Well ive just seen this on another forum im on -

National Microcar Rally 2011

The Bug Club will host next years rally at The Atwell~Wilson motor museum, Calne Somerset on September 1st – 4th 2011

At the 2011 rally we are going for a world record of the most Micro cars in one place, the last record was set on September 7th 1986 at The National Microcar rally held at Cotswold wildlife park, Burford with 185 cars.This was excepted as a record by the Guinness book of records.

This year (2010) we had 133 cars, so we only need 53 more, to break the record.

I think it would be a great idea to see if we could attend and maybe part of a world record, what do people think?

Karl

« Reply #13 on: 04, November, 2010 - 21:04:13 »
It could be worth a go  :), need to check that for the purpose of the record attempt the c5 is acceptable as a microcar though  ;)

Karl

« Reply #14 on: 27, November, 2010 - 10:03:23 »
Hi there folks just and idea, I know the C5 is not strictly a car but I went to the National microcar rally this year and was a great day out with many micro and bubble cars attending. Well ive just seen this on another forum im on -

National Microcar Rally 2011

The Bug Club will host next years rally at The Atwell~Wilson motor museum, Calne Somerset on September 1st – 4th 2011

At the 2011 rally we are going for a world record of the most Micro cars in one place, the last record was set on September 7th 1986 at The National Microcar rally held at Cotswold wildlife park, Burford with 185 cars.This was excepted as a record by the Guinness book of records.

This year (2010) we had 133 cars, so we only need 53 more, to break the record.

I think it would be a great idea to see if we could attend and maybe part of a world record, what do people think?

I've sent an email asking if we can take part in this, awaits a reply.