News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: spotted on ebay . Views please  (Read 4447 times)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
spotted on ebay . Views please
« on: 12, August, 2008 - 10:53:04 »
Seen this on ebay.
I know i'm after a project, i just wondered from looking at the pics, if it looks / sounds to far gone or not for the starting price ?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sinclair-C5-Electric-Car-Spares-or-Repair-project_W0QQitemZ160271320576QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160271320576&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A10&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

The problem i've got is being unable to view as it ends while i'm on holiday, so got to decide if it's worth a punt or not ??

Daz

jomac

Re: spotted on ebay . Views please
« Reply #1 on: 12, August, 2008 - 17:13:14 »
Hi if its any help, woodbridge is about 2 miles from us here in Ipswich, i can take a look, it seems pretty well complete and has the important hard to find bits there, apart from the headlight which do appear from time to time

Offline minidaz

« Reply #2 on: 12, August, 2008 - 18:41:47 »
Thanks for the offer of going to look, but as i'm off tomorrow, it would pretty much be place a bid tonight and see what happens  ;D

One thing that does concern me a bit with that one is that there doesn't appear to be any pedals , which i'm guessing could be a bit of a problem  ??? ???

Might email the seller, ask a few questions and go from there.

Offline minidaz

« Reply #3 on: 12, August, 2008 - 21:50:56 »
Unfortunatly decided that , taking into account diesel money to go get it, that it just has to much missing  / broken / damaged for the price, so going to give it a miss.
Will still keep looking though  ;D

jomac

« Reply #4 on: 12, August, 2008 - 22:23:45 »
ok no probs, but just bear in mind that its literally 5 mins up the road, if you look at his description, its a bit vague in areas, thats why i offered to go and look and evaluate what he has got, there is a possible chance he has the missing bits in a box, being a person from a techie background, i can soon tell the difference between a pup and a likely possible, but expect this to go for £150 or more

Offline minidaz

« Reply #5 on: 12, August, 2008 - 23:03:13 »
I forgot to say in the last post, i'd actually asked the seller for a bit more info, and it was going by that that helped me to decide.

jomac

« Reply #6 on: 15, August, 2008 - 18:40:53 »
what was actually missing in the end?

With mine it was EASIER to list what was there then what WASNT there, i still got mine running for less then £100