News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Rugged C5  (Read 9698 times)

mark ((ex-c5alive))

Re: Rugged C5
« Reply #15 on: 26, April, 2008 - 06:47:35 »
I would go for 1 litre of 1K plastic primer.
1 Litre of filler primer
1 Litre of 2k Top Coat in your chosen colour.

On top of this you would need 2k thinners and activator.
A small spray can of matt black ( this is only for a guide coat )
and some wet and dry paper ( 400-600 grit )
Masking tape and old newspaper.

If you have been wounds in your bodyshell, just flat them off with a razor blade, taking off the large ridges and dab a little bit of stopper on them ( after you have done the primer ) to flat them off.

Its easy enough to do, just sounds hard, but as you are only in Oxford you could always bring your c5 down here and do it and then I can help you if needed, either that or you can use my compressor and give it a go, I am sure its easier than you think it will be mate.

Mark

Mole

« Reply #16 on: 28, April, 2008 - 07:06:31 »
Sounds a plan

May have to borrow the compresser. I got a fiat cinquecento for wheels and I think it may struggle to fit the shell in.

Ill source the paint and get back to you.

Mole

« Reply #17 on: 02, May, 2008 - 22:54:52 »
Long time since I posted a progress shot but the chassis is back together, mostly.

I might put a PWM system in instead of the existing electronincs. Im a bit of a whizz so I should be able to reintergrate the indicators. The paints coming in so I will have a camo green shell before long...

Mole

« Reply #18 on: 03, May, 2008 - 11:16:31 »
Just back from my local Army surplas store with some forest green paint. Just waiting for the priver to arive and ill get one of my hubcaps done up in the colour.

Should end up like a Sherman tank!

jomac

« Reply #19 on: 21, May, 2008 - 19:56:35 »
This was mentioned in another posting and has detailed info and links if thats any help?

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5.0

Mole

« Reply #20 on: 22, May, 2008 - 22:38:15 »
It is thanks.

Ive decided to alter the plan and make the C5 a british racing green with a yellow spot for a number (Classic Lotus). I feel the milatary theam is a bit bland for my likeing.

jomac

« Reply #21 on: 23, May, 2008 - 06:49:34 »
I've just started a poll mole on what colour to do mine, if you are unsure on what to do yours. I'm virtually at the stage of buying my paint, but sods law says as soon as i do, i'll want another colour, but British Racing Green sounds very retro... 8)