News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Forum changes ?  (Read 5312 times)

Karl

Forum changes ?
« on: 27, December, 2009 - 10:13:36 »
With the New Year fast approaching maybe its time to freshen up the forum ?

Although I'm quite happy with it, and accepting "it ain't broke,don't fix it" , if anyone does have some suggestions of a better layout for the various sections and titles let me know. There is a bit of duplicity regarding Support , and I think some sections might be better used if they were laid out better. What do you think ?

It's always good to involve some new ideas from those that use it  8)

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
Re: Forum changes ?
« Reply #1 on: 27, December, 2009 - 11:06:55 »
The only think I can think of is a 'Pimp My Ride' section for all the excellent modifications that are done ?

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #2 on: 27, December, 2009 - 11:09:15 »
Hi Karl - I know the info is all on here but how about a 'HOW TO' section which could include the very detailed restoration help posted by C5Martin and things like fitting tyres , greasing bearings etc - just sort of a bringing all the post's together under that heading - just a thought mate - could also include links in the relevant sections to the shop for the parts required - apart from that (by no means a criticism) it's a dam good forum mate - keep it up !!!!!!

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 27, December, 2009 - 11:11:39 »
Its here Mart

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=11.0

Just needs more posts :)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #4 on: 27, December, 2009 - 11:16:27 »
Oh yes - opps i'll shut up now !!!!

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #5 on: 27, December, 2009 - 13:09:33 »
I'm not so good at these sort of questions, but I know I dont have any real issue's with the forum as it is, but a tidy up of C5 sections would make sense i.e (C5 rebuilds) (modified C5's) (C5 Q & A) (Buy Sell/Swap shop)
(C5 pictures) (C5 meetings) I dont know if having less main sections that branch off to more choice would work ?

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 27, December, 2009 - 22:30:09 »
It's a good thing if the forum evolves and changes so that we all get what we want from it.

There's some good ideas being put forward so keep them coming. I have a few days off next week so might shuffle some forum stuff about while I'm home.   

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 30, December, 2009 - 12:02:08 »
As promised, I've made a few small changes to the forum using some of the ideas put forward that will hopefully make it easier to use...

...and there is now a pimping section  8)  I've added "challenger" and "half-pint" just to get the ball rolling. I'm hoping some of you will be posting some better, more spectacular piccies soon  ;D

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: 30, December, 2009 - 13:02:26 »
I reckon matts 007 would go there nicely it sure looks a nice machine.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #9 on: 31, December, 2009 - 08:22:24 »
I'm a bit slow to adapt to changes, but I do like the changes to the forum, and think the categories are better laid out, keep up the good work Karl.

Retro Andy.