News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Guinness World Record  (Read 6739 times)

DonkeySpank

Guinness World Record
« on: 09, May, 2008 - 11:15:40 »
Has anyone had any news on whether or not we acheived a new Guinness World Record with the 16 C5s on the Wales run?  Would love to know!

Karl

Re: Guinness World Record
« Reply #1 on: 09, May, 2008 - 18:11:56 »
I have my doubts we will get any news on that score I'm afraid.

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but I never saw a Guinness official there to record the event. :-\

The original organiser, Dave G , mentioned on the old forum that a £300 fee was required to get the officials at the event....I dont think that was done. :o

This wasnt something that we were organising ourselves so I suspect it went a bit pear-shaped   :-[

blabblub

« Reply #2 on: 09, May, 2008 - 18:40:05 »
It can be done retrospectively.

I can delve a bit deeper if you wish ?

Blabblubububububub

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 09, May, 2008 - 19:10:16 »
It can be done retrospectively.

I can delve a bit deeper if you wish ?

Blabblubububububub

Hi Kev - No harm in seeing what you can find out.

blabblub

« Reply #4 on: 10, May, 2008 - 09:31:46 »
First step :- What record are we trying to break/set ?

Below is an extract from the Guinness Book of Records site

How do I apply to set or break a record?

The first thing you need to do is to tell us what record you're interested in breaking. Do this by registering and filling in the form found in the "Break a World Record" section of the website.

If you tell us that you want to break an existing record we'll send you the current record details and the relevant rules and guidelines for you to follow when you attempt to break that record.

If you wish to try something that hasn’t been done before or have already attempted a potential record then we'll need to pass your suggestion on to our research department first. They'll decide if it's something that we're interested in establishing as a new record category. If we are, they'll draw up the necessary guidelines and send them to you. If not, we can always suggest other records that you may wish to attempt.

Blabblubububububub

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 10, May, 2008 - 14:47:59 »
The original suggestion for the Hoover run was to go for "the most C5's in one place record"

Dont think one exists for that,so we stood a good chance of winning it  :D

blabblub

« Reply #6 on: 10, May, 2008 - 17:31:23 »
I will take a look tomorrow  :)

I am working towards a world record hangover today  ;D

We have actually got weather today , by that I mean its not raining . There is a shining disc in the sky that is radiating heat , I have reported it to the police  !!  ;D ;D ;D

Blabblubububub

DonkeySpank

« Reply #7 on: 19, May, 2008 - 11:38:28 »
What's the latest on this one then?  It'd be a shame not to have the record.. :S
« Last Edit: 19, May, 2008 - 12:25:19 by c5martin »

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 20, May, 2008 - 13:41:56 »
What's the latest on this one then?  It'd be a shame not to have the record.. :S

It's progressing, just waiting for my registration e-mail from them & then I can get on with the record claim.

I'll let you know how I get on..

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 21, May, 2008 - 13:50:33 »
Progress so far ;

Summary Claim Details

You may want to keep a copy of these details for your reference. If any information is incorrect, please use the Previous Button to go back and amend the details.

Claim Title:  Most number of Sinclair C5's at a single meeting 
City/Town/Village:  Merthyr Tydfil (Welsh Autofest event )
Date of attempt:  19/04/2008
Record Details:  14 Sinclair C5 owners met at the Hoover Factory in Merthyr Tydfil on April 19th 2008 for some publicity photo's. We then rode 15miles to the site of the Welsh Autofest to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the Hoover Factory. We had the benefit of Police traffic assistance and local press coverage to record the event. We believe this to be the largest gathering of Sinclair C5 vehicles since they were produced. 

Media:  The local press and BBC South Wales have recorded the event. The BBC South Wales internet news site still shows the report. 
This event is not in aid of Charity

And this ;

Thank You
Thank you for submitting a record application.

Your claim is now in a queue pending transfer within the next 24 hours.

Within one to three working days, we will email you an Agreement Regarding Record Attempt. In the email you will also find a CLAIM ID number which refers to your application and must be copied on to the Agreement. There is no further information required at this point.

blabblub

« Reply #10 on: 21, May, 2008 - 17:08:55 »
Woohoo !!  ;D

So far so good

Fingers crossed , lets hope it all goes well !

Blabblubububububub

Karl

« Reply #11 on: 22, May, 2008 - 15:16:58 »
latest instalment;

Dear Karl,

We are glad to inform you that your record application has been transferred to our internal system. As a result of this, we are sending to you the Agreement Regarding Record Attempts together with a document called General Information on Record Breaking, which will give you an overview of the process.

Elmo

« Reply #12 on: 02, July, 2008 - 15:49:07 »
hi guys!!!  ;D
we've finally recieved some news on the attempt...its not good im afraid :(
heres a copy of what they sent us !

Dear Mr Whittle,

Thank you for sending us the details of your recent record proposal for 'Most number of Sinclair C5's at a single meeting'. We are afraid to say that we are unable to accept this as a Guinness World Record.

We receive over 60,000 enquiries a year from which only a small proportion are approved by our experienced researchers to establish new categories. These are not 'made up' to suit an individual proposal, but rather 'evolve' as a result of international competition in a field, which naturally accommodates superlatives of the sort that we are interested in. We think you will appreciate that we are bound to favour those that reflect the greatest interest.

We realise that this will be disappointing to you. However, we have considered your application carefully; in the context of the specific subject area, and that of records as a whole and this is our decision.

Guinness World Records has absolute discretion as to which Guinness World Record applications are accepted and our decision is final. Guinness World Records may at its discretion and for whatever reason identify some records as either no longer monitored by Guinness World Records or no longer viable.

As your record application has not been accepted, Guinness World Records is in no way associated with the activity relating to your record proposal and we in no way endorse this activity. If you choose to proceed with this activity then this is will be of your own volition and at your own risk.

Once again thank you for your interest in Guinness World Records.

Yours sincerely,

Kristian Teufel
Records Management Team