News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Prescott Speed Hill Climb - June 25/26 2011  (Read 11978 times)

Karl

Prescott Speed Hill Climb - June 25/26 2011
« on: 11, January, 2011 - 13:31:03 »
Having tackled the feared Test Hill at Brooklands, we are now going to tackle the awesome Prescott Speed Hill Climb with the c-5000 !!  ;D

The guys at Prescott are very supportive and happy to have us come along to one of their events and participate  8)

More details closer to the time, but we have permission to set up a display - like we do at Brooklands - so will need as many of us as possible to come along with our c5's to support electricDave and the c-5000 and put on a good show of c5's.

This should be a good ,fun event well worth coming along to.
  http://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/ ;D
« Last Edit: 11, January, 2011 - 13:40:30 by BooBoo »

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: Prescott Speed Hill Climb - June 25/26 2011
« Reply #1 on: 12, January, 2011 - 07:25:41 »
Sounds a good event.

Retro Andy.

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #2 on: 12, January, 2011 - 09:37:38 »
Beware of new safety clothing regs operable this season.Also you may need an MSA Speed Licence-this can take weeks to arrive.

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 12, January, 2011 - 11:50:32 »
Beware of new safety clothing regs operable this season.Also you may need an MSA Speed Licence-this can take weeks to arrive.

..thanks for the heads up, I'll ask those questions next time I speak with the guys there  ;)

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 09, April, 2011 - 19:44:07 »
I am off to visit this location tomorrow (10th April) to see what we are going to be up against in June  8). They are hosting a Bike Festival so it should be a great day out as well ;
http://www.prescottbikefestival.co.uk/

I'll be taking "challenger" along in the back of my car to give the show organisors a taster of what we'll be bringing along to the June event  :)

Is anyone else from this forum likely to be there ?

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 12, April, 2011 - 07:42:59 »
I went along to the bike festival at Prescott Hill and met up with Ian, the gent who is taking care of us for this event in June where we hope to see the c-5000 ,and maybe "challenger" as well, ascend the hill climb course. Ian was really impressed with "Challenger" after he took it for a short spin around the first third of the circuit - much to the amusement of the crowd of bikers  ;D

The arrangements are still being finalised, but for our appearance in June it is likely we are going to be provided with some space in the paddock area to put on a "c5alive" display. Hopefully we can get a few of us together and set up something similar to what we do at Brooklands. If the response we got to Challenger is anything to go by, then we are in for a warm reception. Much to my surprise, our solitary c5 at the bike festival generated a lot of attention , and some good natured banter (as expected)  ;D - this is a superb venue and this event in June should hopefully be a lot of fun  8)

A few piccies from the bike festival;

« Last Edit: 12, April, 2011 - 07:48:49 by BooBoo »

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 12, April, 2011 - 07:47:42 »

Quite a mix of old and new , a really good day out  8)

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 12, April, 2011 - 07:53:44 »

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #8 on: 12, April, 2011 - 07:54:59 »
Looks a really good day Karl, I'm sure I would love all these events, just a shame the rest of my family would'nt be that keen  :-[
So its always nice to see the pictures of such events.

Retro Andy.

Karl

Karl

« Reply #10 on: 26, June, 2011 - 23:09:40 »
Todays event at Prescott Hill saw plenty of drama....Challenger and the c-5000 both went up the hill really well and past the finish line , unfortunately there was a bit of a mishap on the return road resulting in the course being closed and the medics making an appearance  :o

...more details to follow..

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #11 on: 27, June, 2011 - 00:48:39 »
OH NO  :o

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #12 on: 27, June, 2011 - 06:23:52 »
Don't keep us hanging on too long  :-\

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #13 on: 27, June, 2011 - 08:46:07 »
First off , some piccies from the day ;

Karl

« Reply #14 on: 27, June, 2011 - 09:02:58 »
As you can see from the piccies , yesterday was blessed with gorgeous weather bringing out the crowds to an amazing event. All types of vehicles taking part in the Hill Climb with some serious machinery on view.

After the parade lap of historic vehicles the two c5's ,"challenger" and the c-5000 had their turn . Mrs radiomarty (Carolyn) went first using challenger, followed by the c-5000.  It was a huge relief when the news came back that both had passed the finishing line with no mechanical failures etc and ,all excited, we waited at the end of the return road for the triumphant pair to come back. And we waited for quite a while......at this point the concern started to grow . When the two Land Rovers were dispatched up the hill closely followed by the ambulance I guessed something bad had happened and anxiously waited for the updates coming over the radio.

Having successfully negotiated the course Carolyn had come a cropper on the return route back to the paddock  :o ElectricDave had come across the scary sight of Challenger on its side and Carolyn injured having gone through a fence. The Prescott Hill guys were fantastic and took great care of her , and it was such a relief to the news come through that she was up and about . She was taken to the local Hospital for a couple of stitches and has some nasty bruising on various parts of her anatomy ...but luck seems to have been on our side and she came off quite lightly all things considered.I'm sure RadioMarty will be along with some more details later, but no jokes about women drivers !

So taming the Prescott Hill course resulted in minor repairs being necessary to Carolyn and "Challenger" , the best news being that both have happily survived to tell the tale  ;D

...and the c-5000 impressed everyone with its speed up the hill as well. So not a bad day at all, certainly one of the most eventful  8)