Other Interests, Hobbies and Sinclair Products > Sinclair x1 For fans of the latest vehicle from Sinclair Research

NEW Sinclair Vehicle!!

<< < (4/14) > >>

retroboy:
I really like  it but have a couple of comments , personally I think it needs some sort of wheel covers to make it look more substantial or even slightly wider wheels , also because of rear  visability  mirrors attached , will there by any type of removable half door like the Bond bug I wonder? .

Plus I agree would need a flick down stand of some sort  and  a wiper , I think these little things would help before the launch as small niggly things always get blown up into negative press and that could spell disaster for it .

I would consider one  and I think the price is quite good for what it is, would be great to get some more info on distance speed and battery consumption though

Retro Andy:
I don't think that you really need a wiper, you don't get one on your helmet visor and I've been out on my motorbike in the rain before, secondly if you can't see the X1 then you should'nt be on the road in the first place.
I do agree that it needs a few tweeks here and there and I hope a few improvements might be made before July, but I still reckon I will be putting my deposit down after Christmas.

Retro Andy.   

marra:
"secondly if you can't see the X1 then you should'nt be on the road in the first place"
  The other road users should not have to take responsability for the X1 road user. Wing mirrors would be usefull, as sat in a recumbant position like this is very hard to turn head right over and around shoulder to look what is behind if pulling out. Lights, well in the dark is a legal requirement anyway.

Umpa:

--- Quote from: marra on  05, November, 2010  - 17:55:27 ---The other road users should not have to take responsability for the X1 road user.

--- End quote ---

Yes they should, just like a car has a greater care of duty than a bike, and a lorry more than a car. The lowest denominator being the pedestrian who has right of way.

My only gripe and it's not a big one, is it should have 2 wheels at the back so I don't have to stick my foot out at the lights.

Will I get one ?  Let's see !!!

marra:
"just like a car has a greater care of duty than a bike, and a lorry more than a car.The lowest denominator being the pedestrian who has right of way "

Who said ? I understand the pedestrian, all others have to comply with road laws also. no lowest donominator there at all. No, I say fair play to all road users.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version