News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: ** SOLD ** For sale in Holland very complete Sinclair.  (Read 7444 times)

Offline frankev

• Battery level: 0
  • One Sinclair on the road, doesn't mean it's summer
    • Sinclair meeting in Holland in july 2011
Re: For sale in Holland very complete Sinclair.
« Reply #15 on: 27, October, 2011 - 12:33:51 »
I agree totally, as I also red in a manual, not to do so, but find difficulties with the interpretation of "high speed" :D. Until now it feels the same as on a bicycle. I can throw my steering wheel 90 degrees while riding 15 mph. Yet, somehow, my common sense let me do very small adjustments on the direction of the steering wheel, at a time. Therefore I keep riding.
I know your technically spoken right. Safety first. But for my intensive use of a my sinclair, in a busy urban area, I am happy with the steer this way, since I have more options to avoid pedestrians etc. and have never tilted myself this far. Don't forget, Lotus did a great job with the frame and its low point of gravity.

greetz

Frank

copendriver

« Reply #16 on: 29, October, 2011 - 19:55:07 »
Hi Frank

So are you really a classic SAAB 900 driver? Cool

I used to have a couple of them in my 20's and 30's but they were rather thirsty cars for me to run back then. Alas I was in love with the shape (myself a former clothing designer).

I'd give anything to have a decent 900 Turbo in Black with Caramel coloured leather seats YUM. Their build quality was AWESOME back then.

I also ran a classic Saab 99 for a while & the saloon's seamed to handle better hey?

Classic SAAB's to C5's glad it's not only me that likes them both.

Offline frankev

• Battery level: 0
  • One Sinclair on the road, doesn't mean it's summer
    • Sinclair meeting in Holland in july 2011
« Reply #17 on: 30, October, 2011 - 09:58:28 »

I'd give anything to have a decent 900 Turbo in Black with Caramel coloured leather seats YUM. Their build quality was AWESOME back then.

Hi Copendriver.

Here just around the corner of my house is this car.

It has a completely rebuilded engine, new turbo, beautifull wheels, awesome quality and it belongs to a friend of mine who died three years ago.(he was a car mechanic) His son just leaving it here, standing and rotting away. And Yes, its black, turbo, and has the caramel leather coloured seats. If nobody is getting this car soon, it will fall apart.
The engine is as new, the rest is falling to the elements pretty rapidly now.
Since this is the Sinclair forum, give me a mail (see profile page for address), I will see what I can do for you if you would like this car for yourself.
If your looking for a Sinclair C5, you can combine the trip. Couse I still have a few, waiting for a new owner.

And nice to meet someone with the same hobby's ;)

greetz

Frank

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #18 on: 31, October, 2011 - 06:08:52 »
This is what I am looking to buy the wife, its owner is a customer of mine and only done 29000 miles, one owner from new and has all the toys.

Retro Andy.

copendriver

« Reply #19 on: 31, October, 2011 - 21:31:22 »
Hi Frank

Give that chap a shout for me & ask if he might wanna sell that 900, she's lovely and at least I could transport my C5 around in the back of that no-problem. Shame to see a 5 door turbo like that just sitting there. I'm nuts about that shape.

Neil

Hey Andy your wife's a lucky girl at least you are going for the 93 in that shape which is believed to be the better car. Looks very smart I'm just a sucker for the old old shape that can look very Eastern Block in terms of  styling these days hey?

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #20 on: 01, November, 2011 - 06:02:57 »
Andy never mind for the wife just keep it for yourself. But at least she cannot complain about the C5's so you could always now justify another one if needed.

Lance