News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: ** SOLD ** Sinclair C5 for sale in Crawley £445  (Read 3821 times)

Karl

** SOLD ** Sinclair C5 for sale in Crawley £445
« on: 21, February, 2012 - 23:08:36 »
Recently repatriated from Rotterdam, a very nice Sinclair C5 complete with mirrors and a 3speed Sturmey Archer gear conversion. Also benefits from having a new C5alive wiring kit fitted, so any 12v car/leisure battery that fits in the allocated space can be used.

This C5 is in a very clean original condition, it hasn't been restored because it didn't  need it  8) Just cleaned up and checked over  :)

It does still have some parts of the Netherlands "pedelec" kit fitted (explained elsewhere in the forum) , but the main wiring has been restored to original Sinclair spec.

A very smart ,and quite unique,  c5 that I'm tempted to keep for myself  !

£445 , delivery possible for cost of fuel (return journey).

« Last Edit: 02, March, 2012 - 06:15:09 by BooBoo »

Karl

Re: Sinclair C5 for sale in Crawley £445
« Reply #1 on: 28, February, 2012 - 21:33:00 »
Just to clarify (and in response to a few enquiries) this c5 didn't get restored because it was in such a good condition when I received it. Apart from a thorough clean it didn't need the chassis shotblasted etc . , leaving it original seemed the best option. It even has the original side stripes  8)

The 3-speed gear conversion is for the pedals only and has been done very well. As those of us who went on the Zutphen trip can testify - there is nothing wrong with Dutch technology or engineering ability  :)

Having fitted a c5alive wiring kit I had to disconnect the Netherlands pedelec stuff to prevent any potential conflict and preserve the reliability.  I'm sure ,with a bit of thought, it could be reinstated if necessary but the pedelec stuff is not required for use in the UK.
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2253.0.html

When you consider how much a good set of mirrors sell for, combined with the cost of a good 3-speed conversion, then this c5 is a bit of a bargain if I say so myself  ;)
« Last Edit: 28, February, 2012 - 21:35:32 by BooBoo »

max reestore

« Reply #2 on: 28, February, 2012 - 22:32:56 »
Hi, looking to buy my first c5. This looks great.

Can you email me on max@reestore.com please

Cheers

Max

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 29, February, 2012 - 10:01:27 »
Hi, looking to buy my first c5. This looks great.

Can you email me on max@reestore.com please

Cheers

Max

email sent  :)

Karl

Re: ** SOLD ** Sinclair C5 for sale in Crawley £445
« Reply #4 on: 02, March, 2012 - 06:15:51 »
** Now SOLD **