News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: ( sold ) Sinclair C5 12 volt - 24 volt Adam Harper Conversion for sale on Ebay  (Read 12217 times)

chrisbaildon

Re: Sinclair C5 12 volt - 24 volt Adam Harper Conversion for sale on Ebay
« Reply #15 on: 10, March, 2012 - 16:02:40 »
I agree with what some of what BooBoo said in his last post that this the 24v is definately not something for constant use. I run with this C5 mainly on 12v as it was meant to be used(probably 85 to 90% of the time) and only ever use the 24v on flat roads and once I have built up speed on the 12v first to put less pressure on the gear box. It has had a brand new motor & gearbox fitted last year as I believe I mentioned in an earlier post & the one before that lasted from 2004 to 2011 so not bad at 7 years. Also the reason that the other one failed was because it had dropped out of the motor casing lugs and therefore was twisted which then put too much pressure on the gearbox. I don't even think it went when I was running on 24v, but when I was running on 12v. But I cannot be 100% sure of that.

As today has been nice weather and because last weekend was crap I have dragged the Mrs out with me to shoot a little video of the C5 to show everone it is fully working as the last video on Youtube didnt show it working (it just showed some of the other toys, twin air horn & alarm). The quality on this video is not great as it was shot on a phone camera but at least you can see the C5 does work.

I am hopiing the C5 goes to a new loving home and someone on here, but buy it because it is a fully working C5 in nice condition with many fitted extras (Twin air horn, alarm, blue neon tube, original wing mirrors, original indicators, new tyres & inner tubes, batteries x3 and two maintaince chargers etc) and working as it should on 12v. But also because of the added 24v addition for occasional use, dont buy it just for the 24v (although a nice toy all the same to show off every now and then - on private roads or at shows).

If you take that philosify I dont think you can then go far wrong in my opinion.

Chris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxECBGSbUVs&feature=g-upl&context=G2e08efaAUAAAAAAAAAA

« Last Edit: 10, March, 2012 - 16:13:03 by chrisbaildon »

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #16 on: 11, March, 2012 - 05:45:21 »
Hi Chris,

Good video, Looks fast at 24v running. How does it work, is it another switch and push button (get up to speed on 12v and then onto 24v) or throttle for 24v.

Thanks Lance

Offline jockywilson11

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #17 on: 11, March, 2012 - 11:24:52 »
Got any spare working pods then?

chrisbaildon

« Reply #18 on: 11, March, 2012 - 19:21:10 »
Got any spare working pods then?

Hi - Yes I think I have a couple in the loft, will need to check exactly what I have. After the sale of the C5 I will be bringing down all the spares I have in the loft and be listed them on eBay over the next few weeks.

Chris

chrisbaildon

« Reply #19 on: 11, March, 2012 - 19:27:15 »
Hi Chris,

Good video, Looks fast at 24v running. How does it work, is it another switch and push button (get up to speed on 12v and then onto 24v) or throttle for 24v.

Thanks Lance

Hi Lance - It is a switch that is attached to the left handlebar. If I have just the left hand battery switched to 'on' it will only work on 12v, but when I switch the right hand battery 'on' the cooling fan switches on. But then when the rocker switch is pressed to the left on the handlebar it runs on 12v and then once I have built up speed it is like a rocker switch and if I now press the right hand side of the switch it disables the pod (the lights go out on the POD) and the 24v engages building the speed up.

Chris 

rafarestaura

« Reply #20 on: 12, March, 2012 - 08:45:47 »
hi all, the auction has ended and the winning bid has been 908,88 pounds, who´s the lucky new owner? somebody of the forum? A japanese millionaire?  ;) tell us something if you read this post.

Regards, Rafael. ;D ;D

Karl

« Reply #21 on: 12, March, 2012 - 15:45:03 »
That price is not far off what I paid for my 4.0 v6 Ford Explorer with LPG kit fitted  :o....but then it is a rare and quite unique c5 ,so  congratulations to the new owner  ;)

As always, something is only ever worth what someone is prepared to pay for it  8)

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #22 on: 12, March, 2012 - 19:15:58 »
Wow more than I expected at £800 but as you say Karl depends on the individual................

??? ??? ???

Lance

c5boy90

« Reply #23 on: 13, March, 2012 - 10:27:44 »
Hi
I was bidding on this and was the highest bidder until 30 seconds before the auction I was gutted I didn't get it but congratulations to the person who did because it certainly is a superb c5.

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #24 on: 13, March, 2012 - 10:48:30 »
this can only be good for the values of the other C5's surely

Karl

« Reply #25 on: 13, March, 2012 - 21:55:33 »
this can only be good for the values of the other C5's surely

I think you may be right. Having dropped a little over recent years , the c5's must be due to start creeping up in value again soon  :)