News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Bike Insurance - it really really pays to shop around  (Read 7288 times)

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
Bike Insurance - it really really pays to shop around
« on: 26, April, 2010 - 15:58:26 »
hi people,

i have 2 bikes, one a Yamaha 1100 Dragstar the other a new Honda 600 ABS Silverwing. i have them both insured for buisnes use by Bennetts on the same policy.

It's up for renewal, and i get the quote come in for £227.92, or + Legal Cover @ £257.91.

i'm thinking that's a big jump, but assume because the new bikes value over the old Piaggio 500 X9.

so today i'm doing paperwork, not something i love to do so as a break i decide to ring another company Devitt who's flyer came through the door, for the same like for like insurance cover, and they quote £219.90.

astonished, i go through all the details again and confirm it, ask the girl to stick it on file.

now i ring Bennetts renewals, explaining i have a quote that's best part of £37 cheaper.

"one moment while i check with the other brokers" so i'm holding for e few minutes not expecting a big change, if it were a within say £10 i'd continue with them, then she comes back on the line "sorry, but the best i can do is (now i'm expecting a price hike) £192.35".

i nearly dropped me coffee in my lap at the shock, perhaps i'm just losing the plot i did gether to repeat it, and that is a hell of a lot less than they started with.

what grates with me is if you read their 'keyfacts' blurb, you could be forgiven for believing they had done at least this check before sending out the renewal quote  >:(.

anyway, have renewed with them but thought i'd mention it.

(who needs some fat elevating singing twit to do your compares?),

regs
Alan

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
Re: Bike Insurance - it really really pays to shop around
« Reply #1 on: 01, June, 2010 - 09:30:56 »
I put all my vehicle insurances to market every year, and household too. Its amazing how savings can be made with a few minutes on a comparison site such as Confused.com.

TOFFEEBOY

Re: Bike Insurance - it really really pays to shop around
« Reply #2 on: 09, July, 2010 - 16:53:46 »
There is a site where you will find all the comparison sites, and those that don't appear on comparison sites all under one roof - www.helpinsureme.co.uk