News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: C5 Overseas Shipping  (Read 4209 times)

martingoog

C5 Overseas Shipping
« on: 13, September, 2012 - 06:16:18 »
I have just bought a C5 which was for sale in eBay and it is located in Canvey Island, Essex. 
I live in Shanghai and I want to import it here or probably better, to Hong Kong.
The C5 does not have a box so my question for this wonderful forum is:-

a) Does anyone have a box they want to sell to me that I could use to ship it?
b) Can anyone recommend a shipping company to use - they will need to collect from the eBay sellers home?
c) Anyone have experience of doing this and any tips or hints?
d) Anyone want to make some money and assist me at the UK end to get it safely to Hong Kong?

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
Re: C5 Overseas Shipping
« Reply #1 on: 13, September, 2012 - 07:51:44 »
Try sending an enquiry to parcel2go.com I've used them for a while when posting various items and they have been very reliable.

Offline KarlG

• Battery level: 8
  • You don't have to be mad to own a C5, but it helps
« Reply #2 on: 07, October, 2012 - 22:28:23 »
While on the subject of overseas shipping I had the following experience.

I was looking for a near side wheel in the UK eBay and found one, only problem he was asking £23 for P&P. I have no idea what the postal charges are in the UK, but I had a feeling that this was much to much. A short time later I bid and won one, the P&P, £8,50   :o :o :) :)

Offline mhurt

• Battery level: 3
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #3 on: 08, October, 2012 - 09:18:38 »
Seem people just look for a price on Parcel Force/Royal Mail, others will go out of their way to find a low cost shipping service. Others just seem to make up a price, and either make a profit on it or a big loss :)

Personally, I try to go for low cost but decent service, and avoid some couriers completely (both high priced and lowest) due to poor service - I'd never touch Yodel for instance, as past experiences have been utterly appalling.

Offline KarlG

« Reply #4 on: 08, October, 2012 - 12:47:49 »
On average I have about 100 deliveries a year, quite a lot from foreign countries. The only loses from the foreign deliveries has, unfortunately, been the UK, I have about a 10% lose on these deliveries. I have read in the IN about a lot of complaints concerning the Royal Mail, and some of the cases are quite ludicrous.

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #5 on: 08, October, 2012 - 22:42:21 »
I have read in the IN about a lot of complaints concerning the Royal Mail, and some of the cases are quite ludicrous.

Yup, I recall reading they managed to lose a pair of bagpipes before!  :o

Offline KarlG

« Reply #6 on: 09, October, 2012 - 12:09:58 »
Hi kamilb,

I read about this case years ago when I was trying to find out who I could complain to.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-462497/Royal-Mail-flogs-75-000-lost-post-items.html

On the other hand I had my first C5 delivered from the north of England to Germany, and it only cost me £56. I couldn't have my second C5 delivered 100 km (60 miles) to my home for less than €100>:(

Another case, I had a small packet delivered from H.K. for less than 75P. I couldn't send this packet within  Germany for double this price.  :(