News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: 24V Conversion  (Read 3188 times)

Offline dansretropod

• Battery level: 3
  • The C5 was born to be customised... 3D style
    • www.c5owners.com
24V Conversion
« on: 22, September, 2012 - 18:47:43 »
Hi all,

I've seen various threads about a 24V conversion for a normal C5.  My C5 however ,when I purchased it, had no POD or control box, the battery goes to a relay and straight into the motor which is fine for me.

Is there a thread that deals with the 24v conversion for my C5, if not, does anybody know what's involved converting it?  An extra battery and a higher rated relay?

I'm using the C5Alive wiring kit, I assume this will need changing too?

Thank!

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: 24V Conversion
« Reply #1 on: 22, September, 2012 - 21:05:19 »
Hi there Ive just finnished two conversions .....Chas

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 24, September, 2012 - 08:41:17 »
Hi all,

I've seen various threads about a 24V conversion for a normal C5.  My C5 however ,when I purchased it, had no POD or control box, the battery goes to a relay and straight into the motor which is fine for me.

Is there a thread that deals with the 24v conversion for my C5, if not, does anybody know what's involved converting it?  An extra battery and a higher rated relay?

I'm using the C5Alive wiring kit, I assume this will need changing too?

Thank!

24v wiring kit fitting instructions can be found in the download section of the main c5alive website. This will give you an idea of the work involved.

The c5alive wiring kit is designed to work with the standard Sinclair control box and pod so would not be compatible with a 24v set up.

I tend to use 4QD stuff for 24v builds as they have proven to be the most reliable for me.

Offline Pep

• Battery level: 3
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #3 on: 28, September, 2012 - 16:18:10 »
Hi guys, I am planning to upgrade to a 24v system, and maybe keep the 12v as a selectable option too, has anyone come across anything like this before, if so are there any major problems, does the 24v system kick straight in via relay or does any one control it via PWM, I am planning to use a Siemens plc and start with the program soon, any starting ideas for the time base would be helpful, and Hz at slow speeds ?

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #4 on: 28, September, 2012 - 19:03:21 »
Hi there just put 24 volt in the search box at the top of the page . Bye Chas