News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: Indicator,s now working help  (Read 3458 times)

marcdonnelly

Indicator,s now working help
« on: 17, May, 2010 - 09:20:18 »
Can anyone give me some advice my lastest c5 came with indicators fitted but i cant get them working is there any common faults? i thought it may be the sealed flasher unit but tested another flasher unit on the c5 off my spare set and still no flashing?.can the flasher unit be replaced by a non orginal.

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Re: Indicator,s now working help
« Reply #1 on: 17, May, 2010 - 09:39:22 »
Have you got power going to them, if you have tried another flasher that is known to work, then its not that thats the problem (i think a normal 12 volt flasher should work as a replacement)

You will need to follow the wiring back to where it gets it feed, check if you have power at the switch, its process of illimination. There is not that much that can go wrong really with these.

John

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #2 on: 17, May, 2010 - 09:55:32 »
Have a look in the un official handbook , it shows the whole circuit for the indicators.

Sounds like a lack of power going to them  :-[

John

marcdonnelly

« Reply #3 on: 17, May, 2010 - 10:03:59 »
Thanks john just found a honda c70 12.8 volts 60 watt 2 pin flasher unit on ebay looks like its a perfect replacement £8.00 delivered, think i will order it i will let you know the results soon.

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #4 on: 17, May, 2010 - 10:06:58 »
No problem ...

I am sure you will get them sorted, i dream of owning a set of C5 indicators ....   :-[

John    ;D

marcdonnelly

« Reply #5 on: 17, May, 2010 - 17:43:48 »
Must agree john they do look better with the indicators on,update on my second c5 just now putting her all back together with mr cubbit ok im making tea and doing odd jobs will update later how we get on.

Offline plumber

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #6 on: 17, May, 2010 - 21:14:14 »
Undate on c5... 2 now called FLASH me and neil after 4 hours and ten cups of tea she
 is fixed and good,  thats what  a plumber says( can i trust him) , thats what england was built on (lots of tea). work done tonight is tyres and tubes,front brake blokes,changed handle bars to correct position, (think mine was left hand drive)lol.....new belt , new motor , new drive belt and orignal key switch,fixed indicators ( new name FLASH I LOVE THEM WORKING INDICATORS) and stripped done front wheel bearing and cleaned regreased and made good ps rear brakes and bearing,s also....Im happy but the good friend now says i owe him a pint i thought a half would do the trick. any thoughts on this????