News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: No pod lights but beeper works.  (Read 3931 times)

Cappio

No pod lights but beeper works.
« on: 15, August, 2010 - 19:59:21 »
Hi all,

I hope someone can help me with a couple of problems. ???

I have just powered up my C5 for the first time after a complete stip & rebuild. All is fine but there are no pod lights. Does this mean there is no power going to the pod?

The other problem is that after about 2-3 minutes use the beeper sounds continually for about 20 seconds then cuts the power to the motor. If I disconnect the key switch then place it back again all is fine for another 2-3 minutes. Now...if the beeper works does that mean there is power going to the pod? & is there any way I can check the power supply at the end of the connector with the red wires?

The battery is a brand new 038 & powers up the motor with no problem at all.

P.S. I love the looks on peoples faces when you cruise past them on the redways in MK. ;D

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Re: No pod lights but beeper works.
« Reply #1 on: 16, August, 2010 - 10:40:54 »
Hi there ...

Have a look at this first, this should get your POD to light.

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1320.msg10300#msg10300

Once you get that sorted, you will probably find that the left hand display is slowly going down into the red and then beeps and and cuts off the motor.

For this i would first change the ZTX449 and that should do it, if its still a problem, then try changing the lm 358.

The ZTX449 is not easily available, but an alternative is available. I dont have any at present, but will be getting some this week if you need one, the 358 is available from maplins.

Have a look here for circuits etc http://c5alive.co.uk/downloads2.htm

Good luck.

John PLOD11
« Last Edit: 16, August, 2010 - 11:04:11 by PLOD11 »

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #2 on: 16, August, 2010 - 13:18:10 »
P.S. I love the looks on peoples faces when you cruise past them on the redways in MK. ;D

You are such a tease, I would love to get back on the redways and do some C5'ing!

I definitely need to arrange with Martin (and whoever else wants to come along) to finalise that route!

Cappio

« Reply #3 on: 16, August, 2010 - 19:03:14 »
Thanks for the reply Plod, I was hoping there would be an easier solution but it looks as though I'm gonna have to remove the control box again.  :(

Just to confirm...Are you saying that a faulty ZTX449 is causing the beeping & cutting the power?

You are such a tease, I would love to get back on the redways and do some C5'ing!

I definitely need to arrange with Martin (and whoever else wants to come along) to finalise that route!
Haha Mike...those redways were built for the C5!!!

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #4 on: 16, August, 2010 - 19:38:15 »
I had exactly the same problem, and cured it by first changing lm358 and then the ztx449, turned out the lm358 was ok.

So i would guess this is your problem. The replacement is not an exact replacement as the pin outs are different but can still be fitted with a bit of care and some heat shrink !

I will be getting some of these later in the week if you need one.

If you need a hand give me a shout.

John
« Last Edit: 16, August, 2010 - 19:40:36 by PLOD11 »

Cappio

« Reply #5 on: 16, August, 2010 - 22:46:34 »
Thanks for your advise Plod. I'll take a look at it at the weekend & give you a shout if I get stuck.

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #6 on: 17, August, 2010 - 09:30:15 »
Cappio

If you fancy a trip out one evening / weekend afternoon give me a shout! Need to make the most of the summer whilst we still have it!

Cappio

« Reply #7 on: 17, August, 2010 - 19:28:06 »
Cappio

If you fancy a trip out one evening / weekend afternoon give me a shout! Need to make the most of the summer whilst we still have it!

Thanks Mike, I will but I want to get my pod working first & sort out the annoying beeping & cutting out.