News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Any northerners on here who fancy a northern meet?  (Read 4755 times)

Offline fezza_rs

• Battery level: 4
Any northerners on here who fancy a northern meet?
« on: 13, January, 2009 - 15:21:45 »
as the title says any one northern as in me blabbub leeb etc fancy a northern meet as in york or something along those lines? just guaging interest as I put up a meet on the old forum and had very little intrest in setting one up any takers?

Karl

Re: Any northerners on here who fancy a northern meet?
« Reply #1 on: 13, January, 2009 - 16:29:13 »
It would be nice to see a northern meet take place , when you're ready post some details and I'll update the meetings and events thread plus link it to the calendar.

It's always a bit nerve wracking setting a meeting up - you never know if anyone is going to attend . Once you name a time and place though, you may be pleasantly surprised  8) 

Be brave mate - go for it  ;)

big b

« Reply #2 on: 13, January, 2009 - 20:52:42 »
sounds good post a date i need to go on my first run :o c5 should be up and running soon ??? big b  ;)
Ps happy new year to everyone

Offline fezza_rs

« Reply #3 on: 14, January, 2009 - 12:27:04 »
How dose the 21st of feb sound? sounds a really daft question but what sort of range are people getting at the min in the cold? and what sort of mileage are people prepaired to do? The last meet I tried to set up was a 30 odd mile round trip on the cycle paths around York just wondered if this put people off?

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #4 on: 14, January, 2009 - 12:59:51 »
Hi Fezza, the runs i have been on have been between 10 to 15 miles approx, this is mainly because betime we all meet up and iron out any snags its about 11.00 before we set off, with a stop or two on the way it works out we end up at a pub for a drink early afternoon and return about 3.00ish. This sort of distance gives enough time with any rush and for people to return home, i might be able to attend a run if you do go ahead .

Retro Andy. 

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 14, January, 2009 - 16:01:11 »
How dose the 21st of feb sound? sounds a really daft question but what sort of range are people getting at the min in the cold? and what sort of mileage are people prepaired to do? The last meet I tried to set up was a 30 odd mile round trip on the cycle paths around York just wondered if this put people off?

fez - like Andy says, 10-15miles should be about right ..we've found that any more miles and you start having battery range problems,especially at this time of year, or you just run out of time. Wet and/or cold weather will easily reduce your range by about a third (minimum). As with most things, this will vary depending upon age and condition of the battery,plus how much peddling the rider is prepared to do. Add some hills into the mix and the range will plummet even further  :o.

Strangely enough, the more people you have on a run the longer it seems to take to get anywhere. This is no bad thing, just something to consider. Must be all the gossiping and fiddling with the C5's  :D, plus chatting to everyone that stops and asks what we're riding ,are they replica's of C5's etc etc . :P So again, Andy's posting is spot on regarding how long to allocate for each meeting  ;).

Sadly, I can't make the 21st Feb as I only get 2 out of 5 weekends off  :-[ and, as always at this end of the annual leave year, I'm now low on leave  :'(.  Fortunately,  my leave card is topped back up  in April 8) .

However, just coz I can't get there doesn't mean you shouldn't still hold the run. I reckon you should go ahead and arrange your meeting for Feb, and see who can make it. If it doesn't look like its going to work out simply postpone it to later in the year .   

Using cycles paths is a good move as it makes it safer for everyone, but especially those new to the unique experience of piloting a C5. Hopefully this will just be the first of more "Northern runs" and you'll hold another meeting that I can get to, I'm looking forward to adding a few more locations to the list of places we've visited. 

Let me know what you decide and I'll add the details to relevant thread etc. ;)
« Last Edit: 14, January, 2009 - 16:21:45 by Karl (C5Alive) »

blabblub

« Reply #6 on: 18, January, 2009 - 11:47:49 »
Unfortunately I have no transport 4 me C5 since me Audi went Kaput  :(

Although York is nearer that most meets it would still take more batteries than I can afford to get there in me C5

Yours despairingly

Blabblubbubububub

Offline fezza_rs

« Reply #7 on: 20, January, 2009 - 13:13:55 »
Think im goint to move this to june as im going to do some route testing on the c5 also it will be warmer for us with better performance from our battery.

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 20, January, 2009 - 14:01:22 »
Think im goint to move this to june as im going to do some route testing on the c5 also it will be warmer for us with better performance from our battery.

Nice one mate, and not a bad idea - I still shiver thinking about the January "Greenzone" run  ;D

Let me know when you've sorted a date and I'll make sure the calendar etc gets updated.