News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: Gearbox & Underbody.  (Read 3758 times)

Offline minimin

• Battery level: 0
Gearbox & Underbody.
« on: 19, January, 2009 - 19:55:19 »
Hi everyone. I am looking for a C5, and have found one (a little dirty) but with charger, for £325.. however, I think i can get it down to £200. I was just wondering how hard is it to tell what motor it is. Could this be done via e-mail (with the seller)?
Thanks
Mark

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: Gearbox & Underbody.
« Reply #1 on: 19, January, 2009 - 20:05:46 »
If you mean that you want to make sure it is a genuine motor or not either send into the forum some pictures or if you can look at c5 martin's site he has some good close up pictures of the motor, if it's not then it all depends on how its modified and if you wish to have it original or not.

Hope this helps

Retro Andy 

Offline minimin

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #2 on: 19, January, 2009 - 22:19:24 »
If you mean that you want to make sure it is a genuine motor or not either send into the forum some pictures or if you can look at c5 martin's site he has some good close up pictures of the motor, if it's not then it all depends on how its modified and if you wish to have it original or not.

Hope this helps

Retro Andy 

Hi there Andy,
I would like to keep it quite original, but I have heard that the motors with brown fingers can break and make the gearbox non reparable. I was just wondering if there was somewhere the seller could look so that they could tell me which motor it is? Or is it that the C5's with grey boots are old fingers and those with white boots have the new fingers?
Thanks
Mark

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #3 on: 20, January, 2009 - 06:38:54 »
My advise is you talk Karl first, as he will be able to point you in the right direction, and supply you with any parts, or repairs required from c5 alive.
Many Thanks

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 20, January, 2009 - 13:58:16 »
I've created a new thread about this so that the info doesnt get buried amongst other posts  ;)

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=322.0