News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: gone to work on the C5  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
gone to work on the C5
« on: 11, March, 2009 - 14:11:03 »
Yes, I took the plunge and went to work on the C5. It's only 3.6miles, but it's up hill and steep hills at that.

Very impressed. Did have to pedel a bit up hill to the point of jelly legs, but I'm unfit. But on the whole - good journy.

On afters, and hoping I have enough battery to get me home. I lost two bars getting here altho to be fair I had done a few laps of the village first.

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
Re: gone to work on the C5
« Reply #1 on: 11, March, 2009 - 20:24:38 »
Ok 1.5 hrs to home time and I'm starting to panic. It's dark and cold. Still 'who dares wins'. 

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 11, March, 2009 - 22:32:36 »
Got home safe and sound - its a brilliant way. I dont know why it failed in 1985....

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 11, March, 2009 - 22:48:56 »
Superb behaviour mate - well done  8)

I'm quite spoilt living in Crawley, it's lovely and flat  :D , so mucho respect for tackling those hills  ;)

Offline alan1310

• Battery level: 5
  • i wish i was that man
« Reply #4 on: 12, March, 2009 - 17:42:30 »
i use my c5 (when it works) every day and it is waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy more reliable than public transport

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 12, March, 2009 - 18:00:32 »
went to work in it again. This time the panic was a broken rear wheel bearing, and belt slip. I fixed both :)

I had to fit extra balls in the cups in the rear wheel, and taking some advise from Adam Harper fitted a tie wrap arround the motor fence.

I think I know what's causing it, so I'm hoping I can cure it.

15 mind including 2 pitstops for chain problems. Not bad me thinks ;)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #6 on: 13, March, 2009 - 06:25:17 »
I go to work on mine a couple of times a week, which is about 6 miles each trip, the worst breakdown i have had is the chain has come off twice, so without tempting fate i find my c5 very reliable, i do plan in the next few weeks to strip it down give it a good clean, grease bearings etc as its not been touched for a year nearly and needs a good service.

Retro Andy. 

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 13, March, 2009 - 08:21:34 »
..that is so cool, I wonder if Sir Clive ever considered the possibility that people would still be commuting on a c5 that is nearly 25years old  8)

Having said that, I guess the initial plan was that we would all be commuting on c5's, c10's and c15's  :)