News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Filming : Reading 11 Feb '09  (Read 26859 times)

c5martin

Re: want to be on the telly ? 11 Feb '09
« Reply #30 on: 11, February, 2009 - 21:46:12 »

Karl

Re: want to be on the telly ? 11 Feb '09
« Reply #31 on: 12, February, 2009 - 08:21:30 »
Well I had a great time (apart from the traveling down this morning!! Phew!!) and I literally just got indoors.
:-)

Glad you got home okay mate , bit of a grim journey for you - but hopefully worth it.  Now that you're going to be a TV star, as well as a rock god, we might have to start selling autographed T-shirts  :D

A big thank you to everyone who struggled through the flooding,roadworks & grid-locked traffic. I think it says alot about the support this forum enjoys that everyone turned up. We made a really good impression on the filming crew and hopefully they got some good footage that will be used in the programme.

I reckon the day went very well and it was nice to have a (free) meal together  aswell 8)

Can't wait for the programme to be shown now (possibly April ?)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: Filming : Reading 11 Feb '09
« Reply #32 on: 13, February, 2009 - 06:07:53 »
Looks like you all had a great day, looking forward to seeing the end result, any idea Karl when it will be ?

Retro Andy   

Karl

« Reply #33 on: 13, February, 2009 - 20:28:05 »
Looks like you all had a great day, looking forward to seeing the end result, any idea Karl when it will be ?

Retro Andy   

It was a really fab day, made all the more enjoyable by being looked after so well by Zara  ;)

The programme is scheduled to be screened around April , no exact details at this time.

Karl

« Reply #34 on: 17, February, 2009 - 23:01:12 »
I've had a reply from Zara;

Hi Karl

Thanks for your email and glad you got sorted and home safely in the end.

Would you mind asking the guys to hold off before posting photos on your forum.  We need to wait until after the programme goes out.

I will be moving onto another project soon - so to be absolutely sure, please email Conor before you post them onto your forum.

In the meantime, I will let Conor know that you will be in touch.  Am sure that they will be really interested in seeing your shots, as it was a fun day and the conoy of C5s looked excellent.

Many thanks

Zara

I'm happy with the piccies that have been posted so far, as long as none of them feature the actual "venue" and the people being filmed we should be ok.

If anything changes, I'll let everyone know.

Karl

« Reply #35 on: 25, February, 2009 - 13:34:55 »
The postman delivered a letter today from Zara at BBC4 thanking us for all our help and appreciating the efforts we made.

A job well done, and a pat on the back for everyone who took part  8)

Karl

« Reply #36 on: 28, February, 2009 - 17:02:07 »
The programme is due to be shown in the autumn, so still a little while to wait before we get to see footage of us driving about & Wizbat interviewed on the telly  8)

Wizbat

« Reply #37 on: 01, March, 2009 - 01:28:03 »
Aw rats!!
I,m really looking forward to seeing it.
waiting for stuff sucks  ::)

Karl

« Reply #38 on: 23, September, 2009 - 17:53:36 »
Aw rats!!
I,m really looking forward to seeing it.
waiting for stuff sucks  ::)

Not too much longer to wait now mate;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/electricdreams/about.shtml

..looks like its divided into three episodes with the first one being screened next Monday  8)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #39 on: 23, September, 2009 - 18:55:00 »
This looks really up my street, I'll be dribbling at the mouth watching it .

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #40 on: 29, September, 2009 - 19:47:33 »
I saw a feature for this series in todays Daily Mirror - complete with a small picture of "Dave" the c5  8)

I think the series starts tonight ?

Offline mike7201

• Battery level: 0
    • Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
« Reply #41 on: 29, September, 2009 - 22:35:36 »
Just been watching it on BBC Four.  Looks great.  Check it out!  Tonight is the 70's.  Next time it's the 80's.

Just seen Sir Clive being interviewed about his calculators.  The lady interviewing him said that she was asked to mention to him that he's been the real inspiration and hero to many people.  He truly is a great guy.  Having said that, I don't actually know him, but he had a lot to do with the C5, so that makes him a great guy in my mind.

Hope to see the C5 on the next show!

Wizbat

« Reply #42 on: 29, September, 2009 - 23:36:58 »
Me too!!
Loved the first episode! just can,t wait to see the next one!!  :-)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #43 on: 30, September, 2009 - 07:08:22 »
Great program - I remember walking about with candles (YOUNG LAD!) during the miners strike and most of the gadgets shown- looking forward to eighties next week and of course the C5.More of these programs please BBC it brings my childhood flooding back.
« Last Edit: 30, September, 2009 - 07:50:10 by BooBoo »

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #44 on: 30, September, 2009 - 08:12:40 »
Watching this was a great trip back down memory lane, I either remmebered we had or someone we knew had most of the gadets featured in it, The relaigh choppers were a big hit with the kids, although the mum was'nt happy with her son for going into town with no lights, so I guess when a Sinclair C5 arrives thats that problem sorted  ;D

Retro Andy.