News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: When the pod light should come on?  (Read 3535 times)

joggaeco

When the pod light should come on?
« on: 21, October, 2011 - 02:38:54 »
Hi! All,

Sorry if this is a basic quetion, my C5 was working fine, despite the pod not comming on.

Today on a cold ride out in the park, the pod came on and the motor cut out!

The pod lights come on when i switch the lights on...is this normal?

Also with the lights out, the pod has some feint display when the micro switch to the motor is turned on...is this normal?

When the light swithch is on, the pod and the front and rea lights flicker and of course the motor does not work...what is wrong?

Many thanks,
Joggaeco

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Re: When the pod light should come on?
« Reply #1 on: 21, October, 2011 - 02:44:29 »
What leads are you using to connect to the battery ?   ???

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #2 on: 21, October, 2011 - 16:09:14 »
This all sounds as if you have a bad connection somewhere - ensure all your control box power leads are tight and corrosion free on the posts - also check the red harness and wiggle it in the back of the pod - if the lights go on and off you may have a dry joint as plod rightly says - A bit of a warning you can cause damage to the control box if using it in this condition as high currents are drawn and the circuit board can suffer from burnt out tracks - I would suggest letting plod look it over if you are able to meet up  - if not you are welcome t post it to my self to check.

Regards Radiomarty

joggaeco

Pod light all on, steady, no power to motor
« Reply #3 on: 21, October, 2011 - 20:32:00 »
 this is the problem now:

1. I soldered the pins, on the pod, and all the ligths are on and steady, The headlight and tail works fine, but the switch on handle bar does not does not make the motor work.

The servo and motor worked before, when the pod failed to work!  Now the servo to the motor does not click.

It  did work intermittently today beore I solderd the pod pins.

3. Fuses are ok

4. The motor is ok, despite the fact that the one of the connector popped out into my hand, so this was another cause of the intermitent fault.

« Last Edit: 21, October, 2011 - 23:02:48 by joggaeco »

joggaeco

« Reply #4 on: 21, October, 2011 - 23:00:40 »
Pod terminal soldered, now all lights are on steady, and come on when the lights are on or off on the c5.

You were right, the terminal were wobbly and I had bypased one in instaling the socket, just bent over!

No power to the motor, and there is no click heard in the motor survo. U hear a clikc when the mocro switch is on...

Fuses looked ok, but can replce.

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #5 on: 22, October, 2011 - 09:49:09 »
Do you have a spare POD you can borrow to see if its the POD or the control box. Also have you a multimeter to check that the 10 core red cable pin to pin is ok. I have had a few that had the pins in the connector corroded.

Lance

joggaeco

« Reply #6 on: 25, October, 2011 - 03:42:36 »
Plod says you can by pass the control box and get my c5 to run differently.

Guve us a cost for doing the job please.

thank,
joggaeco.