News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Dual-battery C5?  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Howard81

• Battery level: 3
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Dual-battery C5?
« on: 15, January, 2013 - 16:01:52 »
Taking a closer look in the right hand footwell in my C5 last night I noticed that it has holes for both ends of the battery strap, rear battery "foot" and a bracket to hold an additional keyswitch.  There's also a sticker on the central tunnel advising to turn on both batteries if two are connected.

Does this mean that it was originally fitted with a dual-battery setup?  Or where they like this from the factory, then a second keyswitch purchased and fitted if required?

It doesn't currently have dual-battery electrics, would it simply be a matter of getting another keyswitch assembly and "doubling up" on the connections so the two batteries work in parallel? :D

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
Re: Dual-battery C5?
« Reply #1 on: 15, January, 2013 - 17:30:27 »
That does look like it was a dual-battery model. The keyswitches do simply double up on the connections - a very straightforward job to do. I did it on mine several months ago.

marra

« Reply #2 on: 15, January, 2013 - 18:05:10 »
If you decide not to go back to 2xbattery then you could sell the bracket in the well ( holds the ignition block ) , ive seen these sell for £10 +, like many c5 parts folk will pay prices.

Offline Howard81

• Battery level: 3
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #3 on: 15, January, 2013 - 18:15:09 »
Excellent, that's a nice bonus to find out.  In all honesty I'd like to put it back to dual battery if I can find the parts! ;D

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #4 on: 15, January, 2013 - 18:31:19 »
Hi there Howard just posted you an answer on your  other post .bye Chas