News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Two years on and still going strong !  (Read 3662 times)

Karl

Two years on and still going strong !
« on: 12, April, 2010 - 15:22:55 »
Today marks the second anniversary of me taking over C5alive  8), meaning I am now into my third year at the helm !   ;D

Looking back I have to say it has certainly been an amazing experience - Televison, Radio, Newspaper and Magazine interviews & features plus Car Shows,Brooklands Test Hill, Meetings and Runs not to mention keeping the forum and website running. This year we're trying more track based stuff as well, so hopefully enough of a variety of stuff to keep everyone happy.

I've enjoyed the help and support from members of the c5ALIVE forum, but best of all I've made some good friends.

Not bad considering I purchased my first C5 on a whim !

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: Two years on and still going strong !
« Reply #1 on: 12, April, 2010 - 16:45:51 »
Here Here, good on you Karl and Angie, I agree the best thing about getting a C5 is making some great new friends. I've really enjoyed taking part when possible and its great being part it, many thanks.

Retro Andy 

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #2 on: 13, April, 2010 - 13:42:59 »
Your doing a top job bud- never a dull moment - keep up the good work.

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #3 on: 13, April, 2010 - 19:49:01 »
Yes your the man Karl.

Keep flying the flag for us, sorry I cant join in that much but  i'm a little busy at the moment !

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 25, April, 2010 - 22:09:39 »
Thanks guys.

Just a quick update for everyone, RadioMarty has agreed to help out by becoming a "Global Moderator" along with Umpa and RetroAndy.

Offline mike7201

• Battery level: 0
    • Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
« Reply #5 on: 26, April, 2010 - 19:23:57 »
Just wanted to say I think it's really nice to have a look on this forum, like I do most days, and see that it's always changing. 

It's always fresh, informative and useful.  Everyone on here who posts appears to be really nice, and there's not a day that goes by when there's not something else to discuss or read about.  It's great to see other people's C5's, and how they've been adapted to overcome many of the teething problems or even total re-builds, to save them from being C5's in the sky, or something else like plant pots!  I specifically like seeing pictures of other C5's across the country, and even further afield.  The Supergran one looks great fun, as does the Goldfinger one, and the Bluebird to name just a few.  Of course, the restored ones are just as superb.

The forum never goes stale, and I think that's mostly because of all the members with their up to date and relevant posts.  So, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making my daily Internet use more wothwhile.  I've found it no end of help at my end, especially when you feel so isolated from the nearest C5 user, I've managed to do loads thanks to this forum, that I wouldn't have had the confidence to do on a C5 without advice given here.  So thanks agian, and I look forward to many more posts and pictures.

And Karl, thanks for making this all possible mate.  If I'm ever lucky enough to meet you at a rally one day, remind me to buy you a pint!

Mike
« Last Edit: 26, April, 2010 - 19:27:00 by mike7201 »

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 26, April, 2010 - 20:13:59 »
......  If I'm ever lucky enough to meet you at a rally one day, remind me to buy you a pint!

Mike

... I'll hold you to that when we come along to this   ;D;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=942.0

Thanks for the kind words  :)
« Last Edit: 26, April, 2010 - 20:33:48 by BooBoo »

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #7 on: 27, April, 2010 - 10:47:55 »
well done Karl & Angie for all your stirling work, god news that you have new moderators to take some of the load, i'm sure all the members will want to thank them to.

this forum is picking up new members all the time, and although some will always drop away, it's good to see the overall strength rapidly increasing.

i find it interesting to watch peoples reaction, when talking about the C5, most tend to say they thought the C5 as a total failure. then you point out they are still running after 25 years they tend to reconsider and then say "it was well ahead of it's time", opposite ends of the scale in seconds.

so perhaps i should go out and flog political parties for a living ;D.

regs
alan