News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: x2 Good original C5's for sale  (Read 4198 times)

andyg

x2 Good original C5's for sale
« on: 26, April, 2012 - 16:57:10 »
Folks I am regrettably (and against the advice of my nearest and dearest ("it will go up in value etc") selling my two C5's.  PHOTOS TO FOLLOW.

The first one is an all original in very good condition with original battery and charger, steel front wheel conversion (original included), mirrors both sides, relatively new sinclair battery from Adam Harper, original key switch and key. This even has the foam seat liner and booster pad.  Grey boot version. Was restored about two years ago and has been dry stored, fitted with LED bulbs, original tool kit.  Full set of brand new sinclair tyres also from Adam supplied with this.  Nothing missing, has minor marks but nothing that need concern.  runs perfectly and has upgraded electronic components in the control box to reduce chance of box failure.  This one has vis mast but it needs attention. £695 ono .

The next one was my second restoration (when i got the bug) and not in as good as condition but this one is a "flying machine".  It is converted to work on the keyswitch with an original sinclair battery (has key) and also a leisure battery (not supplied).  I can't really explain why but this sinclair is super efficient, it is fast and quiet and never seems to run out of charge or power regardless of the distance.  It has even towed me home with my son driving when we've been out on a very long run and my battery has given up.  It must simply be a good, motor / battery / uprated electronics combination and City Jet tyres supplied from C5alive.  The electrics from the control box are non standard but operate exactly as original setup.  It has a battery switch over under the seat isolate the C5 and prevent theft whilst on the leisure battery. Yellow stripes are after market supplied by C5alive.  This one too has steel wheel conversion, led lights but is the white boot version.  So whilst probably not as great in condition as the first (you'd probably hardly notice) i feel this one is worth the money due to its unrivalled performance (except for 24v) and range.  £495 ono for this one.

If these to are bought together I will throw in a load of spares I have knocking around (don't know really what is in there)

I'm in Blackpool where my son and I shared many great hours speeding swiftly and almost silently along the promenade.  We used to get many interested people approaching us in disbelief that these were the age they are.

So wanted to provide the opportunity to the community first and then in two weeks they'll be going on Gumtree.

Photos to follow, contact me through the forum and i'll answer any questions you may have. Thanks,  Andy
« Last Edit: 30, April, 2012 - 10:41:40 by andyg »

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
Re: x2 Good original C5's for sale
« Reply #1 on: 26, April, 2012 - 18:10:09 »
These sound very nice!  8)

I'm interested in how the battery switch-over conversion was done on the second one, have you got any pictures of how this was done?

andyg

« Reply #2 on: 30, April, 2012 - 10:40:49 »
Sorry, that should read isolation switch rather than switch over.  I'll amend

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 29, June, 2012 - 08:16:37 »
I've checked with Andy G and these are still for sale  :)
« Last Edit: 29, June, 2012 - 12:35:54 by BooBoo »

Offline mhurt

• Battery level: 3
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #4 on: 19, July, 2012 - 13:28:23 »
I've placed a deposit on the cheaper of the two, and Andyg is delivering it on Sunday. Can wait :D

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #5 on: 22, July, 2012 - 06:42:58 »
Great news, look forward to seeing some pictures of your C5.

Retro Andy.