News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: ** SOLD ** Sinclair C5 for Sale in Tilgate, Crawley  (Read 23037 times)

butlersoft

** SOLD ** Sinclair C5 for Sale in Tilgate, Crawley
« on: 03, May, 2012 - 20:07:31 »
Evening All,

When I was 14, I saw the C5 advertised on TV and had wanted to have one ever since.  Finally, around 2 years ago, I managed to locate one for sale from a chap in Staffordshire who had lovingly restored it back to it's near original glory.

I brought it home and remember taking it out for my first spin ... an amazing feeling and the schoolboy inside this 40 year old grinned as it's presence on the street turned people's heads as I passed them.

I took it indoors with a view to keeping it in our hallway........... oops ........ it's BIG isn't it when it's inside the house ??!?!

Wife not too happy keeping it there I was forced to locate and rent a garage for safekeeping.  It has been in there pretty much ever since other than 1 short outing for my 12 year old to have a little go.

Unfortunately, we're about to lose the garage and I really can't justify the ~£45 a month just to store this fabulous piece of retro kit and am therefore looking to sell it.

I've advertised it on Facebook today on the "items for sale in Crawley, Sussex" group but thought I may stand more luck with better interest from C5Alive .... particularly as the site admin is based less than a mile away from me...

Anyway ..... here's a few pictures... as you can see - great condition and all works perfectly.  I still have the boot key and the boot opens without any issues.

I'm looking for £350 for this .... and INCLUDES a new battery which has done less than a mile of travel.

Located in Tilgate and welcome to view before purchase (after 6pm weekdays or flexible during the weekend)

It's a December 1984 model based on the serial number tag which is still attached and fully legible ....

Any questions- please ask ... and am happy to get the wife to lift it so I can take pictures of the underside if you feel it needs it too....

Steve
« Last Edit: 24, May, 2012 - 15:38:29 by BooBoo »

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
Re: Sinclair C5 for Sale in Tilgate, Crawley
« Reply #1 on: 03, May, 2012 - 20:12:29 »
Looks like a good one. Should also sell easily at that price too.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 03, May, 2012 - 20:15:13 »
It really does look a nice clean C5.

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 03, May, 2012 - 22:47:37 »
.... particularly as the site admin is based less than a mile away from me...

Steve

..and not just the site admin , c5alive itself is based in Crawley  8)

That is a lovely looking c5 for the price..especially as it is with battery included - certainly sounds like a bit of a bargain  :).

butlersoft

« Reply #4 on: 05, May, 2012 - 12:36:02 »

I've put this up on ebay now as well - I started it at £300 and have one bid so far :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270970380373

Here's some pictures of the underside if anybody is interested at all :-

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #5 on: 05, May, 2012 - 13:05:27 »
Good luck with that bud - it's a really clean and tidy C5.

butlersoft

« Reply #6 on: 05, May, 2012 - 15:06:27 »

Thank you .... though very mixed feelings now about it having to go :-(

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #7 on: 05, May, 2012 - 17:28:24 »
By what I am hearing you will regret selling the C5 especially for £350 when you could build a small shed or a tent at the side of the house. Looks like you should have enough room by the photo.

If you are in Crawley is that not near BooBoo (Karl) who could always rent you some space at his if he could find a spot..........................

Lance

Offline Jim

• Battery level: 2
« Reply #8 on: 07, May, 2012 - 12:02:34 »
Is there any way of telling weather the seriel number is correct (given to me as V1000412013xx) and if it was done to look like a mark2 during restoration?

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #9 on: 07, May, 2012 - 12:47:02 »
The only place the serial number is marked is on the body shell - all other parts are unmarked - the boots are easy swappable so hard to say mark 1 or 2 assuming you use the boot color as a guide - I don't think there is a definitive date of when the various mods took place ie date and serial number although there has been a lot documentation surfacing recently so you never know it may turn up - all you can really assume from the serial numbers is the year 84/85 - month and build number during that month but it really only applies to the body shell its self - hope that makes sense.

Offline jockywilson11

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #10 on: 07, May, 2012 - 13:25:55 »
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7053548.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=tsid:11527%7Ccc:%7Cprd:7053548%7Ccat:garden+and+diy+%2F+garden+%2F+sheds%2C+greenhouses+and+storage+%2F+plastic+sheds+and+storage+%2F

Don't Sell it get one of these to house it!

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #11 on: 07, May, 2012 - 21:36:21 »
You can get two in one of them ....

Umpa uses one, he has a shelf mounted half way up and they fit great. Made for the C5  8)

John

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #12 on: 08, May, 2012 - 10:06:25 »
Or we can make you a tailored breathable allweather cover for £50 incl. P&P
www.thoroughbred-covers.co.uk
01132 795079