News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: ** Sold **c5 for sale (3-speed gear conversion)  (Read 6747 times)

Karl

** Sold **c5 for sale (3-speed gear conversion)
« on: 24, May, 2012 - 15:49:42 »
This is the c5 that Chas borrowed for use on the recent Crawley run and has a 3-speed gear conversion fitted, so for those that like to pedal a lot it should make life a little easier  :).

It had a new c5alive wiring kit fitted when being assembled for the Crawley run but other than that it hasn't needed a lot doing to it. The bodyshell is in a fair condition with only the usual light scratches and marks and scars expected for its age.

This c5 comes complete with the mirrors & indicators as shown and a really cool rear brake light  8)

Price is £445 ovno and does not include a battery or delivery. Delivery can be arranged at extra cost, please contact me to discuss details.

« Last Edit: 30, June, 2012 - 19:38:54 by BooBoo »

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: c5 for sale (3-speed gear conversion) - Crawley (c5alive)
« Reply #1 on: 24, May, 2012 - 18:43:24 »
Just like Karl said he did lend it to me for the Crawley run and it was great no problems from start to finish ..A nice C5 for someone

Offline thedesigntailor

• Battery level: 5
  • designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
Re: c5 for sale (3-speed gear conversion) - Crawley (c5alive)
« Reply #2 on: 24, May, 2012 - 22:13:20 »
Lovely - sturmey archer gears? How do they work, looks crazy to me.

Karl

Re: c5 for sale (3-speed gear conversion) - Crawley Now reduced £375
« Reply #3 on: 24, June, 2012 - 17:18:47 »
Reduced to £375

Karl

Re: ** Sold **c5 for sale (3-speed gear conversion)
« Reply #4 on: 30, June, 2012 - 19:39:53 »
Deposit now taken , sold to Simon who is driving down from Sunderland to collect it   8)

Offline Lagganman

• Battery level: 2
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #5 on: 30, June, 2012 - 20:02:42 »
Hi Karl thanks for all your help setting off nice and early to get there and get back in time for tea Just wish there was more members up here to meet up with and go on runs etc still keeping in touch here is the next best thing .wanted one of these since I was a boy
All the best Simon ;D

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #6 on: 01, July, 2012 - 08:25:50 »
Hi there Simon not sure when you will be picking up the C5 from Karl but on your way back you could call and see me ...If you are interested just let me know and I will give you my address and phone number .Bye Chas

Offline Lagganman

« Reply #7 on: 01, July, 2012 - 20:58:22 »
 :)Hi all back at 7.30 after a 660 round mile trip Andover 13 hours on the road must say one thing great item and a pleasure to meet Karl and Wife very helpful friendly and offered me and son Rhys tea and food , but sadly was in a dash to miss all the weekend traffic. Another thing to come out of my c5 adventure is that I will never complain about the roads up here even around the Metro Centre Gateshead in rush hour is a comPlete doddle compared to m1 and m25

My son Rhys has Already test driven it but cannot wait till I get a battery so he can use motor horn indicators in the local park, I said I will follow him on either me mk2 chopper or mk1 burner mag
Will let you know how things go
Simon

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 02, July, 2012 - 09:07:20 »
Glad you got back safe and sound matie , 13 hours is a long time on the road  :o

Offline Lancealot

• Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #9 on: 02, July, 2012 - 09:50:16 »
Send some photos of you and the C5.

Lance

Offline Lagganman

« Reply #10 on: 02, July, 2012 - 22:03:00 »
Hi will post photos this weekend when get a battery and if I get a chance to have a go as Rhys has got very. Sitten with it watching a poor example on EBay that is local so he can restore it to his standards. He quite liked Karls tiger print and I want to do a Batmobile one like Chas but wouldn't touch mine . If I get the other cheap we will have a bit of a go
Simon

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #11 on: 04, July, 2012 - 07:09:54 »
Welcome to the forum and ownership of a C5, look forward to seeing some pictures.

Retro Andy.

Offline Lagganman

« Reply #12 on: 04, July, 2012 - 18:34:50 »
Thanks Andy me and Rhys out on it last nite just around our street but want to take it to our coast very soon when weather permits as we have a lovely Coastal route of approx 11 miles from Sunderland to south shields . Got a battery of a friend so just need the weather now and then we will post a picture. Simon.

Offline Lagganman

« Reply #13 on: 13, July, 2012 - 18:56:41 »
Hi All Sorry for delay in photos havent a clue how to upload /add them . Me and my son Rhys 14 yrs have been up and down our back lane I've even ventured around the block on the road with the lights on had many a strange look. Cannot wait for some better weather to test out on long run, just wish there was some fellow members near us, But this has made me think of getting another , hopefully nearer although Karl was very helpful and accommodating I don't fancy another 670 mile round trip.So looking on EBay for one nearer home , this way we can start our own 2 man runs
Simon

Offline Lancealot

• Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #14 on: 14, July, 2012 - 09:05:19 »
Simon, you could always come to North Manchester as if nice I take the C5 around Heaton Park, from mine its approx 3 miles plus around the park and then back. There a few hills to you would have a good advantage with the gears.

Anyone else up for it ???????????????????????????

We may get to do a Northern Run - Bank holiday weekend ??????????????????????????????????

Lance