News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: C5 for sale  (Read 5825 times)

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
C5 for sale
« on: 27, September, 2012 - 18:56:05 »
Take a look at this c5 on Ebay in Germany item number 190730938564 go to the site for the photos .Here is a translation ..

The Sinclair C5 was a 1981 by Sir Clive Sinclair developed and manufactured by Hoover three-wheeled electric vehicle. Sinclair believed that with this vehicle to revolutionize transport. The C5 was equipped with an electric motor that you could help with pedals. The launch of the C5 on 10 January 1985 in the UK, however, was less successful. Until the end of 1985 almost 17,000 cars were sold. (Wikipedia) indicated.

Lord Sinclair was his time simply advance for miles. Today he would have more success. However, the vehicle then had some weaknesses, fix what the previous owner and I have tried:

- The distance from the pedals was too short, so was the entire vehicle extends about 20cm.
- There were no gears, so the back is a 3-speed hub gears and forward a derailleur mounted with 2 sprockets, so that now there are 6 gears.

- The front wheel was too small, and the engine is too weak, ie, the complete front set up, a new fork mounted on a 20 "front wheel hub motor of Heinzmann 36V, 600W.
For high-torque motor includes a motor controller with keys and a rotary handle .... All original with the account of one of the market leaders. Pure electric rates to be achieved by 45km. I ran the three-wheeler with a 3 Lead-gel batteries 36Ah. The range is 50-100 km, depending on the speed and footwork. Batteries are not going on ebay but can be purchased from about 70 EUR / unit (eg item no: 350591110348). The batery charge are parallel to the driving operation in series (36V) and (12V) interconnected. Thus a standard charger that reaches min. 12A charging current withstand.

Since this is not a new car, of course, there are various Gebrausspuren. Certainly much else can be developed or improved. I had my e.g. for the future is always a roof consisting of a PV module presented. The existing lights are not currently connected and must be rewired.
In the rear, there is a lockable storage compartment.
The vehicle's insurance contribution and can be driven with the class M license
Since there is a built in EU production vehicles, should the acquisition of a moped license plate not be a problem. Alternatively, in Heinzmann can also see the speed sensor on the driver's license and insurance-free operation can be acquired.
For all vehicle documents are Available:
- Manual
- Prospectus
- Parts List
- Statement and prospectus to ink motor control
For questions, please report any time by email or phone 0176 41041557
The C5 can be visited in Tempelfelde, about 40km north of Berlin. A test drive is only possible because of the lack of batteries with muscle power.
The vehicle should be picked up after the auction within 7 days. Alternatively, a delivery by carrier is possible. The costs would be 130 EUR.
This is a private sale without any warranty and return policy
« Last Edit: 28, September, 2012 - 07:49:53 by C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER »

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: C5 for sale
« Reply #2 on: 30, September, 2012 - 08:42:55 »
Very clever modification, but sorry I don't think I would do it to mine

Retro Andy.

Offline mhurt

• Battery level: 3
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #3 on: 30, September, 2012 - 09:18:07 »
Me neither! If I had a spare, then maybe.... But with only an 8ftx12ft back yard, it would be an ultimatum by  the missus of her or a second C5 :D

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #4 on: 30, September, 2012 - 16:42:55 »
A hard Choice !  :-\

Offline mhurt

• Battery level: 3
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #5 on: 30, September, 2012 - 19:07:07 »

Offline KarlG

• You don't have to be mad to own a C5, but it helps
« Reply #6 on: 02, November, 2012 - 22:23:43 »
If you think a 1,000 quid's a lot for a C5 look here:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/CTS-Elektromobile-Hannover-Gronau-Leine-Elektrofahrzeug-Sinclair-C-5-/251006398714?pt=Hilfsmittel_f%C3%BCr_Gehbehinderte&hash=item3a7125b0fa

A quick tranny:

CTS Elektromobile Hannover ( Gronau / Leine ) Electrical Vehicle Sinclair C5
! Lower Saxony's largest selection of electric cars!

Item condition: Used
Price: EUR 3,999.00 Approximately £3,205.20  Buy it now  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Postage: Free collection in person | See details  Item location:Gronau-Leine, Germany
Post to: Collection in person only         Wot! £3,205.20 and I gotta pick it up meself.  ::)

CTS Elektrofahrzeuge Gronau offer a

! Note: Please always arrange an appointment or call ahead, because the office is not always open!

Sinclair C5 - year 1982 - Collectible / good condition - no dealer warranty (DIY vehicle)

Is currently being rebuilt, and then can only be driven with electric motor (500 watts / 48 volt hub motor, possibly Licium batteries).

• Millennium Member
« Reply #7 on: 03, November, 2012 - 08:40:27 »
Yes it seems expensive but you do get the use of a full time chauffeur ...???????????????????
« Last Edit: 03, November, 2012 - 08:42:47 by C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER »

Offline KarlG

• You don't have to be mad to own a C5, but it helps
« Reply #8 on: 03, November, 2012 - 12:03:06 »
In Your case only male.  8)

• Millennium Member
« Reply #9 on: 03, November, 2012 - 12:21:19 »